PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
As a boy, living in Europe, I drooled over the Corgi sets, particularly this Ferrari hauler. I guess they must have been pretty expensive, I was never able to get my own.

1618141984964.png

This James Bond Aston-Martin was also drool worthy. This one is on Ebay, with a BIN of $316. Still out of reach...

1618142077255.png

It that one is too worn, this one is also available as a BIN.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
As a boy, living in Europe, I drooled over the Corgi sets, particularly this Ferrari hauler. I guess they must have been pretty expensive, I was never able to get my own.

View attachment 74755

This James Bond Aston-Martin was also drool worthy. This one is on Ebay, with a BIN of $316. Still out of reach...

View attachment 74756

It that one is too worn, this one is also available as a BIN.

I thought that Land Rover looked familiar!

P_20210412_065608.jpg

I will dig through the box, I might just have that Ferrari and trailer.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I’ve got nuthin. This was my favorite.
View attachment 74617
@jpberg I had one of those - that engine looks ridiculously large and completely blocks any forward vision. If it was black it would look a lot like Mad Max's Ford Falcon GT or the black hot rod Dodge Charger from the first Fast and Furious film, except they just had the supercharger sticking through the bonnet (hood if you're American!).

Reactions: jpberg
Yeh, it is interesting that Matchbox was all about making current models being produced and utilitarian vehicles. They were better quality, especially over HotWheels first few years, but soon the crazy idealized, almost cartoony HotWheels hotrods were of the same quality. Both were the same sizes and proportions, and both were interchangeable with those stupid racetracks and such.

Those HotWheels racetracks just sucked at keeping one's attention. They were about as much "FUN" as Slinkies and the box train sets that just went around in a circle. Whoopie!!

I had way more fun just using my imagination with my cars.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Keep them coming Mike. Any buses in that box? I've always enjoyed riding on the bus as a kid in the 60's.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
You have some classics Mike! Good on you or your folks for saving them.
Al, these were from my wife's uncle. They were hidden away in my wife's grandmothers house for years. When she passed the box was discovered and were sent to us for our kids.

Any buses in that box?

I'm happy to take requests Scott, I will post up some buses tomorrow.

Reactions: ssjones and scloyd

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I like the missing paint chips...they're played with. Imagine your wife's uncle sitting on the floor and smashing the cars into each other, rolling them off the table and whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.