PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Ok I spoke too soon. All the names I searched for like Fribourg and Treyer, Astleys, and some others were no problem, but GL Pease I couldn't get. That is weird, I have no explanation for that.
I just searched Solani and it came up in 3 letters. Maybe they still need to tweak some things. I just looked up John Aylesbury and it came up in 3 letters. I am confused and now I am not sure what to think of the new design. I have no doubt one of our registered geniuses will figure it out and tell the person in charge the error of their ways.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Ok I spoke too soon. All the names I searched for like Fribourg and Treyer, Astleys, and some others were no problem, but GL Pease I couldn't get. That is weird, I have no explanation for that.
I just searched Solani and it came up in 3 letters. Maybe they still need to tweak some things. I just looked up John Aylesbury and it came up in 3 letters. I am confused and now I am not sure what to think of the new design. I have no doubt one of our registered geniuses will figure it out and tell the person in charge the error of their ways.
I typed in Pease and was able to see them all.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Honestly, you could make the same claim about our beloved Pipesmagazine.com search engine which is also crap. Same goes for every site other than Google...or your preferred search engine. It's the nature of the beast sadly. A global meta-search will be more likely to turn out an better answer than the search engine designed by Roy the programmer. The last tobaccoreviews search engine was crap. The new one is crap. There is nothing new under the sun.
It's a sure sign that I've entered old fart-hood because nothing is as good as it used to be. And while you're at it, "GET OFF MY LAWN" . rotf

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
I don’t think they’re worthless, just more geeky and more accepting of technology changes. Just look to see what age groups lines up to replace a perfectly good phone with the latest release.
They seem incredibly vulnerable to "lifestyle" marketing and while argumentative and contrarian by nature and upbringing, they line up like sheep for the next shiny object. Do I sound like a curmudgeon? I am.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
I got GL Pease the quickest by using Pease as the search. The periods after G.L. Throw it off.

Reactions: fireground_piper

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
Fair enough, but why produce something that's crap ? If you're going to phone it in, maybe you need a new career. Guess I'm just tired of the mediocrity that's pretty widespread over the internet. Rant over. ;)

It's often what happens when a project doesn't have the time and money to do the all the testing needed to debug a rollout. Instead, you just release it and let your audience do your bug checks for you.

I know there's some sort of Laudsi, Tobaccoreviews, pipesmagazine connections going on. But, I really hope Kevin didn't design their new format. I would hate to think that we were disparaging something he was involved in. But, phhhht, Kevin wouldn't ever let something as awful as that get released where people could see it. Surely he has told them what idiots they are for this mess.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
In all honesty, the new site design isn't going to be the worst thing I face today. But, it is frustrating when a site that I use quite a bit changes to where I have to hit a few more buttons. But, like I said, not FDA level nuclear attack on the hobby.
But how do we know that the FDA isn't behind the redesign just to make it harder for people who like tobacco products? Another conspiracy is afoot... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.