PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
I was going to write something bad, then decided to soften it knowing full well that whoever designed it or had it designed will now that a good part of TR's users are also forum members here, so wouldn't want to make them unhappy.

But yes, it looks odd and is less functional than before. Adding complexity for the sake of it.

It is also much slower than before, and look at all this wasted space:

1615579085620.png

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Yep. This right here. My most used browsing function on the old site was the alphabetical brand link.

And it doesn’t even look THAT good. I mean, the old one looked like web design circa 2002, but the new one only advanced us as far as 2010 or so.

I don’t like this change. Does that put me in geezer (or geeser) category? They made a movie called “40 yr old virgin”. Maybe the movie about my life could be called “40 yr old geezer?”
Don’t worry I’m a 38 year old geezer. Now stay off my lawn.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Yep. This right here. My most used browsing function on the old site was the alphabetical brand link.

And it doesn’t even look THAT good. I mean, the old one looked like web design circa 2002, but the new one only advanced us as far as 2010 or so.

I don’t like this change. Does that put me in geezer (or geeser) category? They made a movie called “40 yr old virgin”. Maybe the movie about my life could be called “40 yr old geezer?”
Geezers like you, me and @BROBS (born between 1978 and 1986) are a different class than any other variety of geezer. Don't dispute me; it's science. Mainstream science will deny this only because it is tightly controlled by...yes, you guessed it: the other geezers! But the truth cannot and will not be suppressed forever.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Geezers like you, me and @BROBS (born between 1978 and 1986) are a different class than any other variety of geezer. Don't dispute me; it's science. Mainstream science will deny this only because it is tightly controlled by...yes, you guessed it: the other geezers! But the truth cannot and will not be suppressed forever.
Winner of the Internet ?

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
It’s all a conspiracy! Should we call it Qageezer or Geezeranon?

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
Haha, and it also looks like they haven’t fixed the back end. Bugs I hated from before are still there. Some blends don’t come up in the blend search results, just as before. Like Visions of Celephaïs.
Yep. I searched for Windjammer, and GL Pease’s new blend did not come up. However, if you browse the Pease section, it’s clearly there.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
What a complete absolute mess. Whoever did the redesign is a complete slobbering moron, an idiot, a disgrace to the species.

What wasn't broke is now limping.

Getting rid of the alphabetical brand search menu is a cretinous, moronic, ignorant choice.

It's been prettied up while rendered demanding and brainless. It is a BIMBO site.

Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless ...
I really wish you wouldn’t hold back and just say what’s on your mind...? The good part is no matter how many different ways you search either Ken Byron or any of his blends, you still can’t find him or them. At least THAT’S still not working!

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
Their search function has never really worked properly, like not being able to find certain blends or manufacturers. Doing a Google search works better, ie. site:tobaccoreviews.com windjammer

Status
Not open for further replies.