PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Their search function is a waste of space. I typed in Virginia/Perique and got a grand total of 5, count 'em, 5 hits. One of those five is extinct and another has to be ordered from Switzerland. Totally irredeemable piece of crap.
The "advanced" option is marginally better.
But its functionality as a database has been buried under a glitzy and glitchy redesign that attempts to be hip, and trendy but only succeeds at being dysfunctional. Rates 1/4 star.
There is no ending stupid.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
There is one way to find blends under their brand name. Click on the tobaccos icon, and in the search bar, type in a letter, and hit the search button. You'll see every blend under whatever letter you type in.

loneredtree

Part of the Furniture Now
May 27, 2011
Sierra Foothills
There is one way to find blends under their brand name. Click on the tobaccos icon, and in the search bar, type in a letter, and hit the search button. You'll see every blend under whatever letter you type in.

OK Jim, I give in. What does a "tobacco icon" look like and where is it on the screen.

Reactions: BROBS

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
What a complete absolute mess. Whoever did the redesign is a complete slobbering moron, an idiot, a disgrace to the species.

What wasn't broke is now limping.

Getting rid of the alphabetical brand search menu is a cretinous, moronic, ignorant choice.

It's been prettied up while rendered demanding and brainless. It is a BIMBO site.

Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless ...
Maybe you could tell us how you really feel.:)

Last edited:

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Eastwood kicks ass in that movie. I love how he basically tells the young priest to fuck himself. Like in "Dirty Harry" when the detective explains who Harry hates, it's everybody. That spirit is best enacted in "Gran Tourino." Or his kids and grandkids expecting to inherit, who get nothing. Their faces are hilarious.

Eastwood is supposed to be very easy-going IRL, but not in his movies.

Kilgore Trout

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2019
Change is never easy. Struggle with difference or embrace the inevitable.
Turn and face the change...
Change for the sake of change is pointless if the thing being changed isn't improved by the change. The architect Louis Sullivan summed it up perfectly... "It is the pervading law of all things organic and inorganic, of all things physical and metaphysical, of all things human, and all things super-human, of all true manifestations of the head, of the heart, of the soul, that the life is recognizable in its expression, that form ever follows function."
The form of the old site perfectly followed it's function. The new site just adds needless complexity.

Last edited:

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
I don’t think I’ve ever typed “(insert blend name here) review” into Google without the TR page for the blend being the first hit. I found even the old TR layout to be tedious. Way faster to just Google into the site for me.

But I gave that up long ago, too. Now I just search YouTube and watch 2-3 hours of videos on a blend I’m interested in purchasing. Way more informative and entertaining that way.

RainKing

Might Stick Around
May 24, 2020
I rather liked the alphabet search line across the top.

Mike S.
I completely agree. Having the alphabet search at the top provided me with a roulette style searching, allowing me to discover and check out blends that I didn't even know existed! Gonna miss that for sure!

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon
At least we know which people here have bought into the idea that all millennials are worthless pieces of ****. This from the generation that said never to trust anyone over 30 nnnn rotf
I don’t think they’re worthless, just more geeky and more accepting of technology changes. Just look to see what age groups lines up to replace a perfectly good phone with the latest release.

Status
Not open for further replies.