PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Aromatics? What blends are you referring to? Over what period of time?
Gosh, too many to list.
Flakes and ready-rubs by Kolhasse & Kopp come to mind. Sometimes the topping evaporates and you're left with a less-complex tobacco.
Another example for me was HU Director's Cut. The first several smokes were excellent after opening the tin. But I noticed that after some time the tobacco became "plainer" and less complex. It's not bad, in any case, but those first few smokes were outstanding.

Reactions: rushx9 and jpmcwjr

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
This is next level pipe smoking. It's like the Schrödinger's cat of pipe smoking. The tobacco is neither great nor terrible, and cannot change. But we can imagine how good it is. Our pipes can smoke exactly as amazing as we expect if we don't use them, too. Eventually we'll all sit here telling each other how great everything is without consuming any tobacco products...

+1000

This is both a very smart joke and a very real trap I've fallen in way too many times. And the really sinister aspect of this is that hoarding stuff up and building expectations to high heaven mean that when the "special moment" comes, it can well be a let down.

Status
Not open for further replies.