The (Un)Official PipesMagazine Secret Santa 2021!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I like your attitude, son! You’d make a mighty fine Santa!

So wrong kind of non-enthusiasm?

Let's see - how about nothing about this thread gives me any kind of "asm"!

I'm lying of course, but can't imagine what it takes to put this all together - you are doing a fine job! Tremendous!

I think it's kind of like the Supreme Court or maybe the Corleone family, both are for life, just a question of how long!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
So wrong kind of non-enthusiasm?

Let's see - how about nothing about this thread gives me any kind of "asm"!

I'm lying of course, but can't imagine what it takes to put this all together - you are doing a fine job! Tremendous!

I think it's kind of like the Supreme Court or maybe the Corleone family, both are for life, just a question of how long!
And who was the joker that put a reindeer head in my bed?

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Mike is the one in the middle, right?
Yeah, but it's an old picture. There's a touch of grey in the hair now.

So, the room should take heed and perhaps reconsider how and where they waste their precious idle hours.
laugh-scared.gif

S

ScienceSmoker

I didn't know there was a Secret Santa thing here!? I would have loved to participate. Oh well, next year. I was just part of one in the Facebook Virtual Pipe Club... but very few people participated. Still, it was great, I got a cool mug, plus Cascadia Downwind and Vertical Limit, which I now love. I never would have ever heard of them otherwise. That's why this is such a great idea. Now I know.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I didn't know there was a Secret Santa thing here!? I would have loved to participate. Oh well, next year. I was just part of one in the Facebook Virtual Pipe Club... but very few people participated. Still, it was great, I got a cool mug, plus Cascadia Downwind and Vertical Limit, which I now love. I never would have ever heard of them otherwise. That's why this is such a great idea. Now I know.
Not sure if you came here to advertise another forum, or if you just wanted to let us know that you didn’t read the first post, but you have some catching up to do before you can join in the reindeer games!

(For those of you saying “My that’s harsh!”, it’s how us Philadelphians say “I love you, man!”)

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Thanks again @captainsousie! This tobacco is so dark and rich. A little celebratory dinner after a long day and I figured let's enjoy some Xmas! I gambled on the tobacco being ready out of the tin after 19 years (although it was far from dry) and . . . I should have let it sit just a little bit! So a few relights so far which I think is pretty cool. And this pipe is a champ. I'm still working my way through different tastes of tobaccos but this one is so smooth and I'm actually picking up something, whatever it is, that is a really nice flavor I haven't gotten out of anything else so far, and just can't put my finger on. This tin will not go quickly - too good to blaze through. Not kidding, my wife, who isn't 100% sold on this pipe thing, got a little choked up because the nice room note reminds her of her dad and her grandpa having their pipes with cocktails at 5:30 p.m. many, many, many years ago. Some good Xmas tunes and reviewing stuff on here and contemplating the rest of what will be a good week. It's the season!!!

8DC36F86-62F4-4A62-8EF7-7C02593371F4.jpeg

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Thanks again @captainsousie! This tobacco is so dark and rich. A little celebratory dinner after a long day and I figured let's enjoy some Xmas! I gambled on the tobacco being ready out of the tin after 19 years (although it was far from dry) and . . . I should have let it sit just a little bit! So a few relights so far which I think is pretty cool. And this pipe is a champ. I'm still working my way through different tastes of tobaccos but this one is so smooth and I'm actually picking up something, whatever it is, that is a really nice flavor I haven't gotten out of anything else so far, and just can't put my finger on. This tin will not go quickly - too good to blaze through. Not kidding, my wife, who isn't 100% sold on this pipe thing, got a little choked up because the nice room note reminds her of her dad and her grandpa having their pipes with cocktails at 5:30 p.m. many, many, many years ago. Some good Xmas tunes and reviewing stuff on here and contemplating the rest of what will be a good week. It's the season!!!

View attachment 114869
That right there is what it’s all about.
Thanks, guys.

Jun 23, 2019

View attachment 114869

I have a couple of tins of these from various years and usually crack one every couple of years for the holidays. I popped a 2015 last year and have just about finished smoking it - every once in a while this aromatic is really hits the spot with some black coffee for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.