PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
Not one particular blend, but most often I'll take a straight virginia like FVF, Capstan Blue, Amphora Virginia or whatever similar tin is open at the moment.

brooklynpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2018
I've got too many goddamn jars. I'm just trying to smoke through my bagged stuff. I normally keep the bagged stuff I'm trying out in the bags crammed into a few large jars based on type, but I started making kefir and needed the jars. Right now I'm smoking through some PS navy flake copies and some lakelands.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
It’s a bit pricy but worth it in my opinion. At first I thought it tasted like Orlik GS but it only superficially tastes like it, LGF is much higher quality and just sings in the summertime.

I think it's a great blend and certainly a unique presentation. Don't know why it doesn't get more action. I never hear anyone talk about it... which is probably for the best, otherwise it would be hoarded out of existence.

Reactions: hawky454

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
I’m glad you’re liking it! It’s especially nice in the summer. Have you tried Reiner Long Golden Flake yet?
That Reiner LGF is good stuff!
But I don’t seem to have a go to. I have maybe 70 open jars or so, sometimes I know which one I want. A lot of the time I don’t. My problem is if I don’t know what I want I might pick something that just doesn’t seem to do it at the moment. Even dumping a bowl to switch sometimes.

Reactions: seanv

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
That Reiner LGF is good stuff!
But I don’t seem to have a go to. I have maybe 70 open jars or so, sometimes I know which one I want. A lot of the time I don’t. My problem is if I don’t know what I want I might pick something that just doesn’t seem to do it at the moment. Even dumping a bowl to switch sometimes.
That is the conundrum of having too many available options. I too, have this problem. Hehe.

Reactions: Marindas and seanv

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
More variety, more problems. I also have way too many jars open. I am not planning to open any more tins for a while.

Reactions: hawky454

writingraav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 11, 2018
I start everyday with C&D Crooner, smoke a VaPer or two in the afternoon and generally end the day with an English or, if I'm in the mood, Old Joe Krantz. And some days I do everything differently (except for my morning Crooner)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Since I smoke a bowl a day with days off, I usually think about which treat I'd like. I don't do much on auto pilot. Right now I'm into a tin of Haddo's Delight, so I might choose that, but mostly I just rove around among the dozen or so open tins and jars.

Status
Not open for further replies.