PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Lately it's been two big jars I keep reaching for. One is 2006 FVF, the other is 1997 McClelland MV22. I have to smack my own hands and pick something else some days for coservations sake.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
This would have to apply to my morning bowl, my first of the day. It's the only bowl where I tend to smoke the same thing routinely. For me, that is GH&C Dark Flake U/S. That is my breakfast 80% of the time, but I ocassionally mix in something else. Like today I'm starting with Triple Play.

Other than that, I tend to alternate VA-based, Latakia, burley-based, in no particular order. I like variety and it keeps the flavors fresh.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Let's just say there's a tin of Capstan stationed by the Bunn every morning and leave it at that.

I have 10 - 12 tins open at any given time, and pick up a pipe/tobacco based on my preference at that moment. That is why I prefer tobacco which can be smoked directly out of the tin.

If the tobacco is wet, I will leave it out to dry and then smoke it later if I have time. Otherwise I will keep it to dry for my next smoke, and use something else for my current smoke

litup

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
Now that I've managed to stockpile a decent supply of it and I'm not worried about running out of it, Full Virginia Flake has become my "without thinking about it" blend.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have a number of morning smokes I enjoy with my coffee and pretty much stick to those. Once I pick a blend then I grab the corresponding pipe that goes with either that genre or to that specific pipe. I never smoke the same blend or pipe in the same day.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
If I smoke early in the day, I go for a ribbon cut that requires little prep and delivers at least a medium nic dose.

If I have a sack that seems to be drying faster than the others, I will often focus on that.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I have no set rotation, but I smoke like I read: in thematic clusters. In the spring I was smoking mostly homemade aromatic blends, and then the summer was mostly burleys. About a week ago I flipped back to almost exclusively Virginia based blends, which is my default

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
This changes all the time depending on what's open and what's appealing to me in recent days. Right now I'd say GLP Haddo's Delight and PS English Luxury, but there are about a dozen others in rotation and much enjoyed.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
I like variety so have never settled on just one or two blends and usually have 10 or more open at a time. That being said, whenever I’ve got some Capstan Blue or McClelland 40th Anniv open they become a temporary go-to until the tin is kaput. MacBaren Vanilla Cream Flake, Gaslight and Firestorm are no-brainers as well.

kingjon

Can't Leave
Aug 27, 2013
I tend to have more blends open than I can legitimately smoke, but HGL is my go-to first bowl of the day choice. After that I generally tend to overthink a lot and wind up smoking 1-2 bowls the rest of the day. Sad really.
Jon

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I actually put a lot of thought into what I’m going to smoke. Sometimes I’ll start thinking about it hours before I actually lock and load. I smoke in tandem so I’m always thinking about what tobaccos I want to pair. But my ‘dumb reaches’ are the usuals that I always mention, so I’m sure I don’t need to mention those anymore, it gets redundant. But I guess that’s what forums are all about, redundant redundancy. :geek:

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
GH Scotch Mixture in the morning with coffee nearly every day (with some Dark Birdseye mixed in if I have to get moving quickly). And I haven't left the house without a pouch of Amphora Virginia on me in a couple months. Other than that, it's total chaos. No discipline whatsoever.

Reactions: jaytex1969

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
I really don't have one. Every time I smoke my pipe I am usually in the mood for something specific. 1Q is a great aromatic any time and Bill Bailey's Balkan is nice option any time I am in the mood for an English.

Status
Not open for further replies.