PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
Except that I don't think that you are seeing Harris's side.
Which is why I started my post, "I think the thread subject is interesting and totally legit"? :|

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
Do you have to be so damned agreeable, Lazar. Come on, pick a side and and stick to it. Ha ha! [:puffy:]
:rofl: The irony is, I really was trying to be an agreeable nice guy!

It’s time to line up.... medicine...

Nurse_Ratched.jpg

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
This is still a relevant thread because there has been more and more people tasting the Lakeland pixie dust on Samuel Gawith blends, in that old thread I was the only one who had the experience so if anything it’s good to hear that I am not alone, it’s always good to hear that one is not crazy.... well, you know what I mean.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Is there any reason to believe that the company knows about the problem?

Altho it's doubtful, if the powers-that-be smoke scented tobacco, they may not have noticed.

After all, they apparently lacked the presence of mind to clean their equipment between product runs.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I once met a girl who I thought was Geranium. Turns out she was actually Austrian.

She thinks I'm a Moron, but I'm really a Presbyterian.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I have not detected any changes in FVF since the merger, but I think we will see some of what Harris mentions, in that, I could see a sentence in the description of an aged tin of FVF reading something like... tin is hand dated prior to merger, guaranteeing no Lakeland essence.

pipeman7

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 21, 2017
I agree certain specific people are constantly complaining about the scenting in Lakeland blends and usually about the "scenting" in the unscented blends. While most GH blends may scented to a certain extent, it's certainly not true of SG. There's no scenting in their unscented blends. And as someone who only smokes Lakelands I have bought many SG blends produced post merger and found no unwarranted scenting in blends where they don't belong. I have noticed a big change in the flavor of 1792 though. It's far less sweet and much more gingerbready now.

pipeman7

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 21, 2017
And I think it's worth noting that this entire thread isn't based on the op's personal experience but an old account of hawky' who claims there was scenting in his fvf but personally im skeptical. I think FVF always has had somewhat a soapy flavor too it.

Status
Not open for further replies.