PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I have smoked recent shipments of FVF bulk and Kendall Plug and did not detect any flowery essences at all. My taster is very sensitive to that crap so if it were there at all, I would have noticed.

Mar 29, 2016
I just had the SG FVF Plug that I bought 2-3 years ago and yeah "me soap you long time". :D

Of course, now that I was looking for soap and florals, it was much easier to detect. I don't have a lot of SG tobaccos and those flavors aren't that bad in the Fall and Winter but I don't like the direction this is taking. As a Virginia smoker, with the demise of McClelland and the difficulty to get Germain's, it certainly doesn't help.

bluto

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2018
Soapy taste is just completely subjective
.. either you like flower petals or not , I like it

Mar 29, 2016
I don't always smoke soap and florals but when I do, I read the tobacco description first.
And no, I'm not the most interesting man in the world, far from it. :wink:

Mar 29, 2016
It gets more complicated when the company says no flavors added but then surprise, surprise soap and florals. It might be quality control or a new influence of HG tobaccos over SG tobaccos, who knows. The bottom line is that FVF and maybe other SG products have changed the flavor profile. The honest thing would be for the company to announce it.

bluto

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2018
The bottom line is find something you like and don’t demand a centuries old tradition change to meet the needs of a few hipsters ..

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I learn something new about hipsters every day on here. I didn't know they were into soap and florals.

Status
Not open for further replies.