JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
Again, thank you Jim!
I was among those bugging Laudisi, Shane and Mark (who had a pre-publication Peterson seminar at the 2018 Chicago Show). When Mark had his book release program at the 2019 Chicago Show, I, too, was on his case about helping push this "reissue."
I can't wait to join you, in spirit, with a bowl of Wilke 515 in my new 4AB.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
I actually found lots of pictures of Rathbone with a bent pipe, but few with this one. Here’s one:

sh46.JPG

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Congratulations Jim, it’s great to see a dream come true by the pipe community coming together. You look like a happy man on those photos!
I most certainly was. M'lady said it was as happy as she has ever seen me when I opened up the box, and pulled out the pipes. I made a big deal of the moment I did the first light to the first smoke in a 4AB. I smoked all three yesterday, and will do that for days and days.

When @shaneireland called me to talk about the pipes, I was so excited that I couldn't sit still while we chatted. I continually walking from one end of the house to the other. I think Shane got a big kick out of my joyous reactions to the news that the 4ABs were soon coming my way. That joy will be long, long lasting. I still find it hard to believe I finally have a 4AB, much less having three. I'd have never expected that in my wildest dreams.