PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Welcome, rsuninv. We want you to be able to try new things, so think about what you might like to try in September. We'll start talking particulars in mid-August.
I see you have 17plus posts in the last 18 months, so I'm sure you'll have some insights for us.
Founding Pax Tobacco Crawlers thus far:
misterlowercase

cmdrmcbragg

thesmokingtexan

lincolnsbark

catyrpelius

puffdoggie

smokeybear

rsuninv
If anyone else wants in, just say "I'm in." We'd love to have you for the entire crawl but feel free to jump in at anytime and try as many or as few blends on the menu as you like.
The August Menu

Week 1: Mac Barren's Old Dark Fired - a PM forum favorite

Week 2: 3 Nuns - one of old classics. Maybe misterlowercase can find us an old tin to share. Know some exist)

Week 3: GL Pease Jackknife Plug (I LOVE this blend)

Week 4: Peterson's Perfect Plug

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
We would essentially need someone trustworthy and dependable to act as Treasurer/ Shipping & Receiving if we were to do that. Sorry if I'm stepping on any toes or stepping over the line, just kicking around ideas to make participation more consistent and affordable.
I think everyone would be willing to fully participate if we could spread the cost of participation.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
cmdrmcbragg, I would prefer to keep the crawl accounting, logistics and operations as simple as possible. One of the key ideas was to avoid the logistics involved in cigar passes and box passes. In the crawl, everyone is responsible for their own acquisitions and logistics. This avoids some of the aggravation in passes, which I prefer to avoid like the plague.
On the other hand, how each crawl member obtains his samples is his business. If some of you want to share tins on the side, it is a free country. But I would prefer you organize the shares by using Private Messages to organize tin sharing, or perhaps use another thread. God forbid any problems but I wouldn't want any fallout affecting the crawl.
Is that cool? If you do decide to proceed with tin sharing, I would certainly suggest letting the PM staff know what you were going to do first. I wouldn't want to po our hosts.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Welcome TwoOneFive
misterlowercase

cmdrmcbragg

thesmokingtexan

lincolnsbark

catyrpelius

puffdoggie

smokeybear

rsuninv

TwoOneFive
If anyone else wants in, just say "I'm in." We'd love to have you for the entire crawl but feel free to jump in at anytime and try as many or as few blends on the menu as you like.
The August Menu

Week 2: 3 Nuns - one of old classics. Maybe misterlowercase can find us an old tin to share. Know some exist)

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
Brass I agree that does sound reasonable. I am excited about this and wouldn't want it getting sidetracked into just a tin sharing.

May 31, 2012
Too hard to find and too expensive when found.
For week 2 I'm willing to crack open a 2002 tin of GLP Cumberland and send out samples to the 10 so far involved, if there is any interest in that, 2oz between 10 people would be about 3 or 4 bowls worth each I think?
It kinda fits the VaBur bill, although it does have perique innit.
Yay or Nay?

thesmokingtexan

Can't Leave
Jul 11, 2014
I am ordering the four blends now. I think this is a great idea. I will try the first blend August 1 around 9pm Texas :) time. Does that work for anybody I can adjust plus a minus an hour or two. Or make a suggestion. I can wake up early or stay up late if we got peaple on the other side of the pond.

thesmokingtexan

Can't Leave
Jul 11, 2014
Wow that got expensive quick. We may want to consider 1 blend every two weeks. That would be a little better on my wallet and easier to explain to my wife. Also the 3 nuns are backordered on the site I order from so I may have to step out of that round unless I can find it in Houston while I am down here this weekend.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Welcome Settersbrace
misterlowercase

cmdrmcbragg

thesmokingtexan

lincolnsbark

catyrpelius

puffdoggie

smokeybear

rsuninv

TwoOneFive

Settersbrace
The August Menu

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
@smokingtexan, you ain't lying. If anyone (especially those who don't have these blends or don't have much on hand anyways) want to get into a tin sharing program with me (max 5 guys) then PM me. I'm going to put in an order next week (which will be at my place the 28th/29th).

thesmokingtexan

Can't Leave
Jul 11, 2014
Wow over ten participants ... (slow thoughtful draw of the pipe and then an even slower exhale)...I guess this proves eightywon wrong :)

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Hey Tex: You can always choose to try as many on the menu as you like or as few. And it appears that several members, including CmdMcBragg, will manage a tin sharing option, if you like.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
PROBLEM GETTING 3 NUN ?
I'm having a hard time finding 3 nun tins for sale anywhere except SmokingPipes. Having said that, you can get all 4 picks for the August crawl from SmokingPipes for about $44.00 plus $9 bucks shipping.
If anyone has a better or source, let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.