PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
My favorite post of the year was in the for sale section. Someone came in looking to sell some tobacco. I'm sure he's an awesome fella. The kinda guy who would offer to stand behind you on your first day in the prison shower and hold your hips steady while you bend over to retrieve the soap. Anyways, this poster was looking sell some Esoterica. He wanted 4X+ retail. Apparently he and his partner (I'm assuming it was Martin Shkreli) had taken a row boat all the way to across the Atlantic, picked up the virginia's in Africa, the Oriental's in Turkey and the Latakia's in Cyprus and rowed them all the way over to the isle of Jersey where it could be lovingly made into Esoterica Tobacco and then rowed it back all by themselves without stopping so we could enjoy it. Oh yeah and he also asked for money for shipping. Well, me. I can really appreciate all that time and effort he went through to get us that product and all he wanted was the low low price of 4X+ retail! And he wasn't even asking for a reach around. But then jpmcwjr replied to his post...

Oh, Good Lord.

And I have to admit, I laughed as the thread cascaded. rotf

Last edited:

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
We used to have threads about a tobacco, and it's ship, and shipmates, and the mass of moving signatures too big for a 80" screen tv to focus on.

Haha

And we've had pictures of said ships, and shipmates in signatures. Thank goodness AdBlocker clearer up that mess.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
It was a toss up between all the smart ass commentary and leg-pulling on the overtly political threads that were (a) started expressly to blow up the forum and hilariously went sideways until the mods gathered themselves back up from laughing and snorking coffee through their noses and ended it; and (b) those that started innocently and rapidly devolved into a shit show until the mods stopped laughing and mopping coffee off their keyboards long enough to shut it down. Scored some really sweet IBTL's!!!! WINNING!

Either way, I now have a Lexan sneeze (coffee) guard on my computer and both provided many hours of amusement. Gotta think the mods had some fun watching those too. Pity about all the wasted coffee....

Honorable mentions to didimauw's zombie pipe threads and the one pipe for one year threads. Both great.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I believe it was in 2019 that the "pinhead" thread occurred.

Some may recall that simultaneously hilarious and tragic event.

• Haha
Reactions: diamondback

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
The Great Pinhead Debacle

Epic thread that! Well worth the read.

Reactions: brian64 and Casual

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
Six pages devoted to making fun of someone's screen name? I think I'll head back to reading the hour by hour account of what Jiminks is smoking today--it's a real page turner.

Uh oh. Looks like someone needs to be ‘jumped in’. ??

?

lol

UncleRasta

Lifer
Sep 26, 2019
Monterey, CA
The water flush.
After reading many comments about this I became intrigued. Despite everything I thought I knew and felt, I tried, with some trepidation, the water flush this year and have had great success with this method of cleaning briar pipes.
Amazing when a long held conviction is swept away and replaced with something useful and revolutionary.
Thank you @jpmcwjr
jpmcwjr is a helpful and friendly guy.

Fooberticus

Might Stick Around
Dec 14, 2019
Thanks for linking that Frank Method thread. It reminded me of the 2000s when VBulletin forums were king and sockpuppet accounts abounded. Anyone figure out who smokingcricket was?

Status
Not open for further replies.