PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

checotah

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2012
@pipe novelist, I agree Plum Pudding is a great smoke, as is it's cousin, Mississippi River. I find these unique blends, along with the Frog series, to be especially satisfying, which is in and of itself strange since I've been smoking mostly English blends for over 30 years. I would have expected to have been more attracted to somewhat more robust English/Balkans. Maybe it's the milder changeup... regardless, I LIKE 'EM!

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Well Midnight peeps, in 10 hours I go to get my Black House tin art tat. I'm excited. Russ has seen my preliminary designs and thinks they're great! For sure there will be more pipe related ink in the future. I already have some ideas. If I get time tomorrow, there will ne a YouTube vid.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Baron:
I'm sure you've thought this through, but I'm still hoping that you didn't sell your two legged, movable billboard short.
Cheers, man.
Fnord

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
After we chatted before I did give it a lot of thought. I know Russ and I have a wager going, but if BH really wasn't my favorite blend and if I really wasn't comfortable with what is going to be the final product, I'd never commit it to skin. In fact, if I go and the artist doesn't have something together that I really want, I won't do it. The final design isn't going to be simply a stencil of the tin art, but a rendition that I designed with my artistic tastes in mind, so right now I'm good to go. I posted a link to a gallery of Joby (the tattooist) in the Blackbloods thread and I picked him because I trust his artistic ability.

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
Can't wait to see your new black house ink. I also can't wait for my first tin to arrive in the mail this week!

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I can't smoke my pipe because there is a dust storm outside with 50 mph winds. At least I have some snuff in my nose! Pöschl SG Cola!

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
BHtatmega_zps8b24b45d.jpg

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
I think you're just swell, Q, but I don't know how to comment on body ink.
Please know that I'm certainly old enough to be your dad and, quite possibly, your grandfather so keep that in mind. (I'm sure it's a generational thing.)
On that note, this tattoo is something out of Bram Stoker, Baron. It's dark, it's edgy and I'm sure it's everything you wanted it to be.
The yellow tints give depth and perspective and the circular layout pays tribute to the rounded tobacco tin. However, I don't quite understand the orange/blood red sky.
You've honored Russ with this tattoo. I can only hope that he has honored your commitment.
Fnord

joshwolftree

Dang it, just checked the tracking on my latest P&C TAD order...It'll be delivered tomorrow. It's sitting in the Gorram post office I drive past on my way home tonight. Why oh why couldn't I be a ninja? I'd have my black house tonight for my before bed bowl :cry:

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Fnord- Yes he did! My father is 65 and as far as I'm aware is the only non-tattooed living member of my family! My mother got her first one at age 60.
In other news, I have this to say about the Mayan Calendar:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKdcjJoXeEY

thebadkitty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 29, 2012
Albany, Oregon
WOW! Awesome tatoo, and hey, awesome thread! Yeah, I finally crawled out from under the schoolbooks again, I'm usually in them at this time of night.

austinxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 25, 2012
Lighting up a bowl of Christmas Cookie in my Uhle's Golden Grain Rhodesian. Just waiting for the flash of light and giant BOOM! :rofl:

guitarguy86

Jul 6, 2012
Well, if there is another life, I'll see you all there soon! :rofl:

Really though, I feel like lighting up some Sir Walter Raleigh. I've had this pouch for months, and I feel like smoking some.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I'm almost reimbursed for the money I put into Miskatonic. Once I cross that threshold, I will be building the war chest for a new blend. This one is tentatively called Old Dagon Dark and will feature stoved VA, Perique, Black Cavendish, Latakia and Dark Fired Kentucky. The VA and Cav will be the main components, with the Perique, Lat and Dark Fired as condiments.

Status
Not open for further replies.