PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Maybe it's because I'm a funeral director. I would have tried to stuff the guy back in! I'v enever put a casket in an elevator, but I've had to get plenty of bodies into elevators and down narrow flights of stairs and you have to stand the cot up and push it like a hand truck. You better have that body strapped in good and the cot cover too or he might just pop out and say hello. I'd never take a body in an elevator with people in it though.

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
After midnight , taking a break from the hospital floor to enjoy some smoking Peter Heinrichs special curly in my Preben Holm freehand .

joshwolftree

Part of the Furniture Now
gotta ask Baron, you ever deal with a marine? Do they have a guy in the room with him during all the embalming and all? I mean I know they post up an honor guard in the funeral home over night. But like during the whole process? or do they stay upstairs with some coffee while the techs do their job?

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I've never seen anyone post guard except during the funeral and the graveside. No one is allowed in the prep room who isn't a licensed embalmer, at least I Texas. When I was in the Army, I had to stay with the body, though. But I was in charge of the collection and transport as well as assistance with autopsy and Embalming. Funeral service works a bit different in the military.

Jul 15, 2011
Finished up a tin of McClelland Wilderness a couple of days ago. Smoked a cigar to make room in my humidor because I overloaded it the last time I went cigar shopping. Gonna smoke stogies for a few more days while I try and decide what tin Im going to crack next. Also, my order from Smokingpipes.com is supposed to be here later today. Good shit.

guitarguy86

Jul 6, 2012
I almost got a tin of McClelland Christmas Cheer the other night, but was a couple bucks short. So, I went with Moontrance, and H&H Egg Nog. Can't wait til it gets here. My buddy is supposed to be bringing up some Cubans in a couple days. Sometimes I'll sit in front of my stash for about five minutes trying to decide what I want to smoke.

Jul 15, 2011
Sometimes I'll sit in front of my stash for about five minutes trying to decide what I want to smoke.
With the amount that I have stashed right now, decided my next tin can take up to a week. It took me 4 days to land on Wilderness and I almost traded it off, but Im glad I didnt. Moontrance is amazing stuff, one of my go to aros, too bad the stuff is kind of expensive. You want a stupid tasty smoke, mix it half and half with some Larrys Blend or some SPC Plum Pudding. Tastes like a Smores.

guitarguy86

Jul 6, 2012
I love smores. Especially Smores Pop-Tarts lol. I might add Plum Pudding to my next TAD list.

Jul 15, 2011
I went thought 4 ounces of Plum Puddin a few months ago like it was going out of style. That stuff is beyond delicious, every single puff you notice something different, really rich and bold flavor. My only criticism is that it is kind of a pain in the ass to get lit but once youve got it up and rolling it burns really nice. Definitely a must if youre an English kind of guy.

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
Definitely joining this club. Lately i've really been enjoying reading a bit of this board before bed or even while attempting and failing asleep around midnight PST.

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
Just got back from a double feature of classics. Dr. Strangelove and 2001 a space odyssey. A long night of films indeed! I want to crack open my tin of Frog Morton on the Bayou but I don't think the lady is going to be down with that at this hour.

checotah

Feb 7, 2012
@hans, mayhaps you can do as I: close the bedroom door after she retires, pour a snifter of Spanish brandy, and light up. However, I prefer FMOTT over FMOTB. Whatever it takes to enjoy the Frog....

Status
Not open for further replies.