PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Mike N

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 3, 2023
In my original post I was remiss in not including this Molina 125 Devil Anse. I smoked it tonight while walking the Doberman and a bowl of Lanes 1-Q lasted almost exactly 10 minutes before it got a bit noisy.

Attachments

• IMG_0845.jpeg
    IMG_0845.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0843.jpeg
    IMG_0843.jpeg
    129.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0842.jpeg
    IMG_0842.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 8

EA/DC

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 19, 2023
the Netherlands
I recently got this old GBD pipe, a mini churchwarden. It is more a 'five minute' pipe.
The bowl is 28mm high, 16cm long.

20231119_133201.jpg

I have only cleaned it a bit but it needs some serious TLC... there is a crack in the mortise. But it still is airtight.

20231119_133351.jpg

This 'Victory' bulldog pipe with its length of 11,5cm is a nice 10 minute pipe that already had some TLC a while ago.

Last edited:

Appayipyip

Lurker
Sep 21, 2022
USA - midwest
What do people consider approximate inner bowl dimensions for tiny (30min smoke) vs small(hour long ) vs medium bowl(1.5hour)?

I’m thinking something like 0.75inch width to 1inch height is small, anything smaller than that is tiny, and medium is like 0.75/1.25?

Thoughts ?

Tate

Lifer
Sep 27, 2023
Northern Illinois
I have a Kaywoodie Campus and a similar sized basket pipe. I like em for work. I like a smaller clay pipe best though. I miss mine bad lol.

A note on police attention, since starting smoking pipes I've been pulled over twice after for "random safety checks". I have only been smoking for a couple months and I've gone a decade without being pulled over until now lol. Both were shortly after lighting at intersections with police there. I'm assuming they thought I was lighting something else but when they get to the window and smell the tobacco they just check my insurance and license and let me go.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I have a Kaywoodie Campus and a similar sized basket pipe. I like em for work. I like a smaller clay pipe best though. I miss mine bad lol.

A note on police attention, since starting smoking pipes I've been pulled over twice after for "random safety checks". I have only been smoking for a couple months and I've gone a decade without being pulled over until now lol. Both were shortly after lighting at intersections with police there. I'm assuming they thought I was lighting something else but when they get to the window and smell the tobacco they just check my insurance and license and let me go.
@Tate Hope you get some more clays soon!

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
Anyone else have a tiny set of pipes they use for a quick 10 minute smoke? Really, they are vest pocket pipes.

Here are five I rely on. In the foreground is a 7-inch Mastro Geppetto billiard for perspective.

(L-R) A green Paronelli; a Molino; a Ser Jacopo Ad Astra; an oval bowl Volkan; and a tiny Amorelli. Yep, all Italians since the small cocktail pipes seem be favored by the Europeans.

(Tap on photo to enlarge)
Nice pipes. The Ser Jacopo is especially nice. Beautiful blast on that pipe. You might like Musico pipes as they are on the smaller side and are very well made.

ParkitoATL

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2023
Atlanta, GA
Not a stylish pipe at all but this Nording Shorty (porcelaine) give a true flavoured ten minute smoke.
What is the body of the pipe made of? Do you use the filter stones with this?

EDIT: Wow, this is an ingenious design, like a mini Calabash with a huge filter. I bet you could use plain rice in the spiral. Gonna have to try one of these!

Attachments

• fajka-shorty-white-nording-dania-2.png
    fajka-shorty-white-nording-dania-2.png
    127.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
the smallests I have are 2 Big Bens, Ranger (10,5 cm) and Pipo (9,8 cm)
quick smokes for a cold winter walk :)
I’ve got a Big Ben Ranger and like it, but apart from the short length, I wouldn’t call it a small pipe. The chamber is almost exactly the same size as my Peterson 80s bulldog and my Savinelli 313 Prince. It’s good for a decently long smoke if I keep my foot out of it. 🙂

H

HRPufnstuf

What is the body of the pipe made of? Do you use the filter stones with this?

EDIT: Wow, this is an ingenious design, like a mini Calabash with a huge filter. I bet you could use plain rice in the spiral. Gonna have to try one of these!
The stummel is some form of injection molded plastic, heat resistant.

Reactions: dunnyboy and Tate

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Manduela is known for her tiny pipes, often faceted bulldogs, though not the only thing she makes. Often .63-.68 diameter and 1.30 or shorter height. I’m working on getting a couple. She makes some nice, tiny chamber, long shank bulldogs as well, I just can’t find any available.
View attachment 271211
Beautiful pipes. Hadn’t heard of her until now.

There are some on The Danish Pipe Shop.