PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Mike N

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 3, 2023
Anyone else have a tiny set of pipes they use for a quick 10 minute smoke? Really, they are vest pocket pipes.

Here are five I rely on. In the foreground is a 7-inch Mastro Geppetto billiard for perspective.

(L-R) A green Paronelli; a Molino; a Ser Jacopo Ad Astra; an oval bowl Volkan; and a tiny Amorelli. Yep, all Italians since the small cocktail pipes seem be favored by the Europeans.

(Tap on photo to enlarge)

Attachments

• IMG_0691.jpeg
    IMG_0691.jpeg
    216.3 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0690.jpeg
    IMG_0690.jpeg
    194.5 KB · Views: 111

Mike N

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 3, 2023
They look cool! They smoke pretty good?
As with most things in life, you get what you pay for. They all smoke very well, but the two most expensive, the Ser Jacopo and the Amorelli, are one light and done. The bit on the Amorelli seems to discourage clinching.

Attachments

• IMG_0693.jpeg
    IMG_0693.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0694.jpeg
    IMG_0694.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 25

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
A double-walled porcelain by Royal Copenhagen designed by Jorn Micke
View attachment 261282
That's cool. I was checking a couple of these out at the Danish Pipe Shop. Haven't pulled the trigger yet, but I kind of want one.

I love small pipes and often smoke outdoors in the winter. My smallest chamber is this Tsuge. These are readily available. I find it has a pretty tight draw. It's definitely meant for quick smokes.
IMG_3784.jpeg
This Peterson I just bought has a pretty small chamber too. It barely fits my pinky finger, but I'd say it's good for a 20 minute smoke.
IMG_3918.jpeg
Then there's the Peterson Belgique, the most used and abused of all my pipes.
IMG_2921.jpg

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
That's cool. I was checking a couple of these out at the Danish Pipe Shop. Haven't pulled the trigger yet, but I kind of want one.

I love small pipes and often smoke outdoors in the winter. My smallest chamber is this Tsuge. These are readily available. I find it has a pretty tight draw. It's definitely meant for quick smokes.
View attachment 261286
This Peterson I just bought has a pretty small chamber too. It barely fits my pinky finger, but I'd say it's good for a 20 minute smoke.
View attachment 261288
Then there's the Peterson Belgique, the most used and abused of all my pipes.
View attachment 261289
Those Royal Copenhagen porcelains are pretty heavy because of the double wall construction. Not for clenching generally

The Peterson Belgique and calabash (in their Speciality Series) are tiny pipes.
I had both of those (bought new in the 1970s) but gave them away because they were too small