PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
I just grabbed some of the red and some of the gold. $20 got me 160 bags of each. I don’t think I’ve had 320 bags of tea in the last five years. Have either of you tried them as iced tea?

• Love
Reactions: fMf Piper
F

fMf Piper

I just grabbed some of the red and some of the gold. $20 got me 160 bags of each. I don’t think I’ve had 320 bags of tea in the last five years. Have either of you tried them as iced tea?
I haven't. I have just had it hot in the morning as my morning tea.

Jan 27, 2020
I've been watching this BBC show about the most scenic railway journeys in the world and this one on Sri Lanka has a segment on a tea plantation there that still only hand picks their tea, etc. Was a fun / interesting watch for the tea lover or not.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
I was thinking about the LARPing equivalent. They’re role playing. This is real. It’d be like those folks out at the park using real bows and arrows and swords to fight off real orcs, or whatever. I’d pay to see that.

Now I want to go watch that movie with McLovin where the guy had to be his “big brother.” Was it Paul Rudd?
I brew tea gong fu style frequently, and when out in the field I don't larp. Full contact plate armor fighting with edges blunted to 1mm.

Jan 27, 2020
For those who want more mellow larping part of Germany has their own sort of tea ceremony.

Actually, this article made appreciate drinking tea out of glass cups as it's nice to see the gradiation of milk in the tea and more aware how a cup tastes different based on where the milk is most concentrated etc.

While I've been an avid loose tea drinker since my early 20s just recently I've nearly stopped drinking coffee as I find it just too overwhelming in taste compared to tea and I don't particularly care or enjoy the nuances in coffee the same as I do with the undisputed king of hot beverages.

It simply amazes me how this plant with often very minimal processing can have such a range of tastes.

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
For those who want more mellow larping part of Germany has their own sort of tea ceremony.

Actually, this article made appreciate drinking tea out of glass cups as it's nice to see the gradiation of milk in the tea and more aware how a cup tastes different based on where the milk is most concentrated etc.

While I've been an avid loose tea drinker since my early 20s just recently I've nearly stopped drinking coffee as I find it just too overwhelming in taste compared to tea and I don't particularly care or enjoy the nuances in coffee the same as I do with the undisputed king of hot beverages.

It simply amazes me how this plant with often very minimal processing can have such a range of tastes.

Shots fired!

Jan 27, 2020
This is what amazes me the most. Before I got into it, I didn’t realize that green tea, black tea, yellow tea, puerh, etc. were all the exact same plant.

C. sinensis is quite versatile in that regard.

Yea, that is the first very surprising fact once you get into tea. It's astounding!

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
Yea, that is the first very surprising fact once you get into tea. It's astounding!

I used to get that way with coffee and went off the rails into single origin and different preparations. At the end of the day it was never mind blowing, but I didn’t realize it at the time. I used to enjoy it, but I also walked around being able to feel my hair grow.

You can blow someone’s mind almost immediately with tea. Give someone a super subtle white bud tea and pair it with a super harsh, relatively young sheng puerh and watch. Not that they’d necessarily enjoy the latter, but they’d definitely taste a difference!

Also, wasn’t it you that opened the fountain pen can of worms a few years ago?

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I'm currently enjoying some Feng Qing Ye Sheng Hong Cha Wild Tree Purple Black Tea. It has a very nice fruit (apricot maybe?) flavor on top of a malty/woody black tea flavor. Beautiful golden color. It does give out by the 4th steeping though.

I would note that I do adulterate my tea with a bit of nice turbinado sugar.

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
I'm currently enjoying some Feng Qing Ye Sheng Hong Cha Wild Tree Purple Black Tea. It has a very nice fruit (apricot maybe?) flavor on top of a malty/woody black tea flavor. Beautiful golden color. It does give out by the 4th steeping though.

I would note that I do adulterate my tea with a bit of nice turbinado sugar.

This one?

8D161A99-9B15-4ABD-B2CF-96A012BD98A6.jpeg