SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Mar 1, 2014
“Hi everyone I'm trying really hard to find an aromatic pipe tobacco that tastes of the actual flavour but DOESN'T taste of tobacco”

DOESN’T taste of tobacco.
DOESN’T taste of tobacco.

I just do not get it. — so masked that you can only taste its artificial flavoring?

And the recommendations are pouring in?
There are plenty of blends that fit the bill but most of them are Lane or Sutliff, not readily available in the U.K.

Little Bit

Lurker
Nov 7, 2021
Texas
Hi everyone.
Too bad you can't get Sutliff creme Brule. Had some for the first time the other day and it taste exactly like it smelled. I couldn't stop lol.
Perhaps it's because I'm a new smoker and can't taste the other flavors yet? Stole one of my husband's pipes and ordered 2 cans of the stuff :col:

Try to get your hands on some of that stuff!

• Haha
Reactions: Azza100 and Toast

Azza100

Lurker
Nov 14, 2021
Peterborough England
Vauen has a coupe yummy Aeros that I'm sure should be available in the UK.
Might also look for 4th Generation 1897 wich should be available if imagine.
And I'll throw my love in for the Max Barens.
Vanilla Flake and Vanilla Roll Cake especially but they also have one Original choice that's a little less vanilla little more creme and spices. It's pretty yummy as well.
Pretty much hard to go wrong with a Mac Barens Aromatic. Though I'm not a Seven seas fan myself preferring the MB labeled Aeros.
Thanks I'll check those out

Azza100

Lurker
Nov 14, 2021
Peterborough England
Hi everyone.
Too bad you can't get Sutliff creme Brule. Had some for the first time the other day and it taste exactly like it smelled. I couldn't stop lol.
Perhaps it's because I'm a new smoker and can't taste the other flavors yet? Stole one of my husband's pipes and ordered 2 cans of the stuff :col:

Try to get your hands on some of that stuff!
I definitely will

Azza100

Lurker
Nov 14, 2021
Peterborough England
Don't. Please don't! @sablebrush52 posted a list of 22 straight Vas on another post. Of those 3 & 1/2 were available here (1/2 being Capstan, which we can only get ready rubbed).
So before checking out the reviews in great excitement, I'd strongly recommend you check out if it's actually something we can get (we don't even get the full HH range). You'll save yourself a bunch of annoyance!
& there are still hundreds of tobaccos available - & plenty of them are really really good.
Ah ok....im already getting frustrated at what we can't get!! Thaks for the heads up though

Reactions: Toast

Frasermac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2020
Hi everyone I'm trying really hard to find an aromatic pipe tobacco that tastes of the actual flavour but DOESN'T taste of tobacco as I really don't like the taste of cigarettes. I'm in the UK so I can't get certain tobaccos.
Please if any of you out there as any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it!
Nice room note but incredible flavour!!
I will look forward to your recommendations!
Thank you
Tobacco that doesn’t taste of tobacco?!?!?
I haven’t read all the replies so could (probably am) be repeating others advice!
Sip and you’ll enjoy much, much more the taste.
Retrohaling will improve your experience.
I’m a complete fanboy of Gawith Hoggarth aromatics, I’ve never smoked one I haven’t enjoyed, a number of retailers do samplers so you can try a range before committing to a larger quantity
But, I’ve never smoked any tobacco product ie pipe or cigar that didn’t taste of tobacco!
And hello from the Lake District ?

Azza100

Lurker
Nov 14, 2021
Peterborough England
Don't. Please don't! @sablebrush52 posted a list of 22 straight Vas on another post. Of those 3 & 1/2 were available here (1/2 being Capstan, which we can only get ready rubbed).
So before checking out the reviews in great excitement, I'd strongly recommend you check out if it's actually something we can get (we don't even get the full HH range). You'll save yourself a bunch of annoyance!
& there are still hundreds of tobaccos available - & plenty of them are really really good.
Ah ok....im already getting frustrated at what we can't get!! Thaks for the heads up though
Tobacco that doesn’t taste of tobacco?!?!?
I haven’t read all the replies so could (probably am) be repeating others advice!
Sip and you’ll enjoy much, much more the taste.
Retrohaling will improve your experience.
I’m a complete fanboy of Gawith Hoggarth aromatics, I’ve never smoked one I haven’t enjoyed, a number of retailers do samplers so you can try a range before committing to a larger quantity
But, I’ve never smoked any tobacco product ie pipe or cigar that didn’t taste of tobacco!
And hello from the Lake District ?
Hey and thanks for the comment...it was my poor explanation that has confused the issue regarding taste....I just mean the cigarette kind of flavour which I dislike. I will look into the GH selection for sure

Reactions: Frasermac and Toast

EvertonFC

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 5, 2020
Philadelphia
Cult Blood Red Moon

It not only tastes delicious, but I've personally found that Cult tobaccos burn the easiest and bite the least, of all the popular aromatics. Cheers.

mikecronis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2021
Sutliff Private Stock anything is good and available everywhere. Consider Barbados Plantation.
Also Cult Blood Red Moon is good.
Captain Black Cherry tastes nothing like tobacco whatsoever.

MAH

Lurker
Oct 12, 2021
No. MD
Can you get Lane or Peterson in the UK? They both have some mild Aros that have a great room note and taste with little true tobacco flavour.

JohnClyde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 8, 2020
UK
Definitely go Gawith and Hoggarth. You can buy small samples at most UK online retailers and they do some nice traditional aromatic tobaccos without comprising on quality - bosun cut plug, dark honeydew, bob's chocolate flake, etc

Also Germains plum cake and gold leaf (hints of citrus)

GQ and mysmokingshop websites are the ones to have a look at.

Reactions: The Clay King