PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sgetz

Lifer
May 21, 2020
UK
I'm also based in UK and can't stand cig flavour. Try condor flake. Also 1792 flake by g&h. Many smokers consider st Bruno flake to be an aromatic. Lastly how about ennerdale flake!

Verdant

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2021
Pacific Northwest
Guessing you're still in your first decade of pipe smoking.
North of a decade but only by a few years. It was a rougher comment than I intended though. I apologize. To each his own. Just enjoy aros that still have the tobacco coming through, like Coniston cut plug, condor long cut, etc. Shouldn't have posted and would happily take it back. Happy to have more pipers in the world.

SaxonX

Might Stick Around
Sep 20, 2021
Staffordshire Moorlands GB
I know what you mean exactly, I have the same view. I can recommend Connoisseurs Choice and especially Rattrays Bagpipers Dream. Petersons Special Cut is good but steer clear of Erinmore it smells and tastes of cigarettes to me....

PoplarWight

Might Stick Around
Feb 13, 2022
Trapped in the root ball, Alabama
Old thread, but the "tastes like cigarettes thing", I'm not sure chasing aromatics is the way to avoid this. At the end of the day you are burning tobacco, and aromatics are easier to burn hot/scorch into ciggie zone. If you want flavorful *smoke*, try cool burning, lightly cased tobaccos. If you want to taste fruit/vanilla/dessert flavors, you're going to be better off vaping. I'm not an aro snob, but the best aromatics are ones where the toppings compliment the tobacco flavor, you can't get around that.

Reactions: Toast