PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
I've recently been thinking about getting a tamper that's made out of meerschaum. But it seems most have some sort of silver(ish) cap on the foot end. Not pure meerschaum. That would be neat.
I too looked for the pure Meerschaum tamper but have come up empty. Just might be a business venture here??

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Probably not with the apparent lack of demand! I mean, sure several dozen here could be wild about meer tampers, but that's not enough to start a business. And it makes sense to have it as a side bar to, say, carving meerschaum pipes!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I too looked for the pure Meerschaum tamper but have come up empty. Just might be a business venture here??

Reactions: Latakia Dave

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
This is why I mentioned it to you! A very subtle way of asking for your help! haha

I'm going to have to give Burak a shout to see if I can get the IMP carvers to make me a tamper.
That's just plain awesome. Tamper commission???

After finally finding one in stock on Etsy....I might as well buy another meer pipe .... ?

• Love
Reactions: Chasing Embers

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
need it? bulk purchases usually get discounts.
Probably not enough interest to buy the amount needed to get a bulk discount. SPC had metal footed ones for $30. Likely a more durable tamping surface than being completely meerschaum.

Reactions: anotherbob

isaac

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 18, 2012
Portland, OR
Probably not enough interest to buy the amount needed to get a bulk discount. SPC had metal footed ones for $30. Likely a more durable tamping surface than being completely meerschaum.
I’ve never had an issue using my metal 8deco. I did balk at the $80 price of the meer tamper. I do understand it’s hand carved, but still

Reactions: RobNYC