PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
I almost exclusively have pipes with some bend. I only have 1 straight pipe nothing against them i just prefer the look and feel of pipes with bends.

Jan 27, 2020
I would like a Lovat but don't like tapered stems. Is that a qualification for the style? The saddle bit stem, not really tapered but worries me that its easy to break for some reason.

Last edited:

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I absolutely love straight billiards and Bulldogs BUT I love love love up to a 1/4 bent IF the bit is a well made one. I clench I don’t hold pipes while I smoke.

I’ve been known to experiment with full bents. The trick is the bit.

I don’t even mind Orific bits if there is enough material to “grab on to”

Reactions: hairvise
Jan 27, 2020
Straight pipes == Sliced white bread. Good for what they are, utility, boring but get the job done. 1/8-1/4 bent sandblasts are the bomb, sexy, and are classic in their refinement. :)

First of all, nothing sexy about a pipe. Lets all agree on that. Secondly, a straight pipe is more like a baguette than a slice of wonder bread.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
I like a pipe to pass a pipe cleaner. If it doesn't I end up smoking it a lot less. It can be like picking a lock at times, trying to get a pipe cleaner to make it to the chamber. I try to avoid inconveniences like that when I'm smoking.

Recon Paul

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2020
New Jersey, US
My best smoking pipe is a straight billiard. My most comfortable pipe is bent billiard. My best looking pipe is a bent Dublin.

Let me buy more pipes and get back to you.

First of all, nothing sexy about a pipe. Lets all agree on that.
I do not agree. My wife will tell me in a heartbeat if I chose an unsexy pipe. She don't like droopy pipes, fat legged pipes, nor pipes that just don't fit me. If she has to be seen with me, and I always have one in my face, then it had better be a sexy one.
It's rather obvious, with how many men chose Petersons, that many of you clouts just have no clue how to be sexy like me. puffy

• Haha
Reactions: Reggie and aquadoc

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
First of all, nothing sexy about a pipe. Lets all agree on that. Secondly, a straight pipe is more like a baguette than a slice of wonder bread.
yes there is. Even if it's just because you've brought a perfect ice breaker with you. They yell at you about how you are giving kids cancer and then you point out that some kids want cancer and then next thing you know they're trying to marry you. The only thing that makes sense is if the pipe is sexy.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I am both a straight pipe-smoker, and a straight pipe smoker, but I like bent pipes, too. Especially for clenching, which is how I smoke 90% of the time. Other than “clenchability,” I don’t care one way or the other. Both can look good and smoke well.

Reactions: Reggie and edger
Status
Not open for further replies.