PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm a variety pipe smoker, but sometimes only a straight billiard will do. Sometimes that simplicity, especially if it is carried off with balance and a sense of style, is just what I need. And sometimes other pipes that don't stray far from that path, like unadorned straight bulldog or a zulu with no bands, carries a lot of that same authority.

burleybreath

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA
I much prefer plain, straight billiards without any stem or shank ornamentation, extensions, washers, etc.--the main reason I like Dunhill Shells, in spite of their not smoking any better than any other quality pipe. (Better yet, a smooth straight classic English billiard that is so patinized that the wood seems to ooze some kind of oil.)

dcicero

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 23, 2019
Michigan
I have a straight grabow that's great. The rest have a slight bend. Full bent, though I like how they look, are not comfortable to clench for me somehow.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I don’t know if it’s just me, but with Eltang, Sebastian, and Suhr, while they certainly have some varied shapes, I really feel like there’s this Danish trend in a Black Straight pipe style coming from them, and I’m really into these Black Elegant pipe styles they are creating.

Like Eltang’s Pokers and Bay Sebastian’s Rusticated Apple with Bamboo.

On a side note, from Jonas Altery in Sweden of Alteryd Pipes, he has made in the past a Rusticated Bent Bamboo, you can see here;

Of course this isn’t 100% straight, but it’s not that bent, and I contacted him to see about making me one. So this is about as Bent as I’m going now... LOL :ROFLMAO:

My psychological state of bent might be further though... LOL...

Reactions: whsergent

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I’m all over the place. Started only liking bent pipes and then my tastes slowly shifted towards straight pipes but I still love my bent pipes too. I like frilly to a certain extent but I guess that all depends on what you consider to be “frilly”. Oh, I also like drinking from silly straws.

Status
Not open for further replies.