PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Thank you!
We survived. Our neighbors got it much worse than us. I merely have to replant our mailbox and do some raking. Our power was back on late last night.

But, some weren’t as lucky.
So glad you’re ok. Saw that there were more rounds coming and then didn’t hear for awhile. Sending our best to your neighbors. Do you need anything?

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
Glad to hear that you made it through okay. I'm used to dealing with earthquakes over here but none of that Wizzard of Oz tornado stuff.

Did you know that Habana Daydream bulk is in stock now at SP? It was on sale too. I think the sale ended yesterday. They might still give you the sale price if you ask for it.

The tornados, apparently, were not enough to teach us a lesson, so we were sent floods on Tuesday. We have a rather large creek running through our front yard that rose right up to our front door. Our basements flooded and I lost almost all of my apricot trees. I was just able to get across the creek, so I went and checked the fields out at the farm, and it may be a few days before I can do anything out there.

These are some pictures of the park just a few yards from us. I'm pretty sure that we will be getting a plague of locust next.
IMG_0520.JPG

IMG_0521.JPG
This used to be our town music venue, where bands played on the weekends, movies were played for kids of Friday nights, and holiday festivals were held. It's kind of heart breaking. I spent years working the concession stand at the park with our local Business Association to build this park.

The tornados, apparently, were not enough to teach us a lesson, so we were sent floods on Tuesday. We have a rather large creek running through our front yard that rose right up to our front door. Our basements flooded and I lost almost all of my apricot trees. I was just able to get across the creek, so I went and checked the fields out at the farm, and it may be a few days before I can do anything out there.

These are some pictures of the park just a few yards from us. I'm pretty sure that we will be getting a plague of locust next.
View attachment 78670

View attachment 78673
This used to be our town music venue, where bands played on the weekends, movies were played for kids of Friday nights, and holiday festivals were held. It's kind of heart breaking. I spent years working the concession stand at the park with our local Business Association to build this park.
Stay safe ?

I’m back in Alabama for a long weekend. I kept up with the storms using Weather Underground. Just a dead limb fell.
We seem to be getting this pattern of a storm alley forming from Bibb county right up through our town. We hadn't had any tornadoes or storms like this here since '78. I'm not sure why the pattern is changing.

Hey Cosmic. Sorry you have to go through that and glad you’re ok. Hopefully it drains fast and the damage isn’t as bad as you fear.
Thanks, well I know that the new apricots are gone, because I had just planted then along the bank last year, and now that whole bank has collapsed into the creek. I was hoping that the trees would help hold the bank together, but... I should have done that a few years earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.