PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sun is coming out, that usually means trouble. So, before the sun crashes to the ground and the waters sweeps us into the river, I’m going to smoke a bowl from the oldest jar I have.
Maybe I’ll make a run for it between the rabid armadillos and the carnivorous flowers.

Really though, the weatherman is throwing the kitchen sink at us.
A289F088-DFFE-4743-9434-BCF27FA3BB6F.jpeg

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I was the guest of Uncle Sam at Ft. McClelland in Anniston back in 1985. You folks have some weather to be sure. It went from fairly cold at night April 1 to being, as described in Biloxi Blues, "Africa hot" in no time. And, it seemed that everything that grew from the ground, flew or crawled was poisonous. It was an interesting 16 weeks. Stay safe.

Mike S.

I was the guest of Uncle Sam at Ft. McClelland in Anniston back in 1985. You folks have some weather to be sure. It went from fairly cold at night April 1 to being, as described in Biloxi Blues, "Africa hot" in no time. And, it seemed that everything that grew from the ground, flew or crawled was poisonous. It was an interesting 16 weeks. Stay safe.

Mike S.
Ahhh, the Proving Grounds. I’ve been turkey hunting there. They train the special forces out there.

Since ‘05 we’ve been getting the hurricane weather up the corridor every year. My last canoe was tied in a knot around a tree the first year. I’ve learned to secure my canoes thereafter.

well that's why you don't make fun of him. I told you he was getting pissed at you, not what you need with this upcoming bad weather too. Sheesh what are we gonna do with you?
They’ve had this storm scheduled since 1PM. You’d think with all this technology, that the tornadoes would be on time. puffy

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
They’ve had this storm scheduled since 1PM. You’d think with all this technology, that the tornadoes would be on time. puffy
Honestly I've heard they could get more accurate if Africa got more weather stations. Seriously that's what several weather nerds have told me. The other issue is weather people are hired more for their looks or charm then their knowledge of the weather.

Honestly I've heard they could get more accurate if Africa got more weather stations. Seriously that's what several weather nerds have told me. The other issue is weather people are hired more for their looks or charm then their knowledge of the weather.
We have had James Spann for eons. His is a one of the best meteorologist. If he takes his jacket off, there’s going to be property damage. If he rolls up his sleaves, kiss your ass goodbye.
1616013412569.jpeg
“Respect the polygon,” is one of his severe weather catchphrases.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
We have had James Spann for eons. His is a one of the best meteorologist. If he takes his jacket off, there’s going to be property damage. If he rolls up his sleaves, kiss your ass goodbye.
View attachment 71027
“Respect the polygon,” is one of his severe weather catchphrases.
He looks like the chemistry teacher you don’t mess with

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia

Mike S.
You sure you were in the States and not (mysteriously transported to) outback rotf Australia ?

Status
Not open for further replies.