Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I just sent my cousin and his wife a letter so they will know, at least in retrospect, I was thinking about them.

When Hurricane Fran hit my city in 1996, way inland from the coast, no one knew it was headed our way, and I had to call people later and tell them we were hit. It was not minor. Many trees down, power out, roofs damaged, etc. People just assumed that happened at the coast, not 100 miles inland.

I'll keep trying on the phone. So far, it rang busy. At first I thought they might be networking to check on friends, but I heard later news, the phones, landline and cell, are just not working yet.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I just sent my cousin and his wife a letter so they will know, at least in retrospect, I was thinking about them.

When Hurricane Fran hit my city in 1996, way inland from the coast, no one knew it was headed our way, and I had to call people later and tell them we were hit. It was not minor. Many trees down, power out, roofs damaged, etc. People just assumed that happened at the coast, not 100 miles inland.

I'll keep trying on the phone. So far, it rang busy. At first I thought they might be networking to check on friends, but I heard later news, the phones, landline and cell, are just not working yet.
Yes don’t know how long it takes to get the mobile cell towers up but they have 100 of them to blanket the areas with outages, hoping for the best for your family!

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina

I'll never forget Fran or Floyd. I've been through a lot of hurricanes but those stand out.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
A chat yesterday with a great and long time friend who is still trying to reach someone in Florida we both know, but is a very close friend of his, underscored the concerns so many must have - glad to see you Floridians posting!