PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Put your tobacco in the washing machine. Tie yourself to the washing machine and kiss your arse goodbye!!
I’ve lived here through every major hurricane haven’t had to kiss anything goodbye, we’ll the soft top on my old 350z but USAA was here the next day and within 36 hrs of the storm i had the insurance money in the bank!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I live in Sarasota and have been through many hurricanes since I moved here in 2003. I live in a master development called Palmer Ranch and there are at least 35 smaller developments in it's borders. My place is called the Isles and my unit was constructed to withstand hurricane 5 storms and worse with my hurricane shutters in place. It was built in 2006 when they had changed construction laws.

Since 2003 I have been through at least 4-5 major hurricanes and I lost power once for 4 minutes. Our entire development has all the electrical cables underground and we have been real fortunate knock on wood.

I worry about my mother who is 88 and lives across the water from Robins Bay on the island of Venice Florida. She has a well built home and if the power goes out, a whole house generator automatically kicks in. It is a bad ass machine as it runs the entire home, ac, fridge, freezer, everything she needs. She has her boyfriend and 24 hour nursing care so I am hoping we get lucky again.

kg.legat0

Lifer
Sep 6, 2019
Southwestern PA
Just checked in with Grandma down in Florida...it's muggy, the grocery store was busy at 7:30am, and she needs me to pick up a birthday cake for my mom up here in Pittsburgh at 5:30p lol ..and she reminded me she 'slept through the last one'-- I hope things remain this chilled out. Best of luck to all who are stuck in this!

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Just checked in with Grandma down in Florida...it's muggy, the grocery store was busy at 7:30am, and she needs me to pick up a birthday cake for my mom up here in Pittsburgh at 5:30p lol ..and she reminded me she 'slept through the last one'-- I hope things remain this chilled out. Best of luck to all who are stuck in this!
Talked to “my girls” at Publix, our large local chain, they are open normal hours today, can’t miss out on a dollar or two!