PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Central N.C. is in the cone for too much rain but not predicted for much wind, maybe some flash flooding after heavy rains on Saturday. My cousin and his wife and family are in Ft. Myers, Fla., so I need to call to check on them. I don't think they'd appreciate it in the midst of the landfall, but I'll call later today, Wednesday, or wait until tomorrow. They have hurricane shutters and have been through several hurricanes before. They have a generator.

I'm hoping that we don't have power outages. Usually these are from downed trees, and the ground is pretty dry so may be be able to soak up enough of the rainwater that the trees won't topple. Hoping for the best, especially for Floridians catching the brunt of the wind and storm surge.

For safety, continue to be careful after the wind ends. This is the time most people get in trouble, when they go out to inspect the damage and are feeling more confident, like the worst is over. Over confidence causes trouble. Don't drive through standing water. Steer clear of downed power lines. Don't do any sight-seeing in boats, or recreational rafting or kayaking.

Reactions: ChonkyTonks
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Pool cage didn't survive but overall, it seems a bit better than the new hype. Surprise, Surprise. Saw a couple of hours of 80 to 100 mph wins. They're now saying most of the storm should pass us my around midnight to 2 am which is significantly shorter than expected. Praise the Lord for sparing us from what could have been much, much worse. Power outages everywhere but generator working well. Internet survived this far.

I'm enjoying a bowl of MB Virginia No 1 in a Ryan Alden.

79D186B3-53F6-4D32-95C7-734275E909A6.jpeg

image.jpg

That Guy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 8, 2021
Central Florida
Pool cage didn't survive but overall, it seems a bit better than the new hype. Surprise, Surprise. Saw a couple of hours of 80 to 100 mph wins. They're now saying most of the storm should pass us my around midnight to 2 am which is significantly shorter than expected. Praise the Lord for sparing us from what could have been much, much worse. Power outages everywhere but generator working well. Internet survived this far.

I'm enjoying a bowl of MB Virginia No 1 in a Ryan Alden.

View attachment 171723

View attachment 171724
Glad yall are well buddy! Here on the other side of Central Florida it was spotty showers this morning and 30+ mph winds so far. Yall stay safe.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy