PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcharles123

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
Got 5 an hour after the email came out.
We should all report back and see who got the lowest numbers.

samanden

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 11, 2013
Alexandria, VA
I only picked up three tins. I'll have one now and store the others. I still have so many other blends waiting to be smoked. My cellar is bursting at the seams. I actually hope there will be a tobacco Armageddon scenario, so having a cellar this huge will finally make sense...

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
I bought 10! :lol: Between the qty discount and free shipping it was $10 a tin. I won't even crack the first one for a year. Might be some great stuff in 10-20yrs :wink:

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I am still exploring different blends to see what I like and dislike. I have not tried Squadron Leader but when I got the email it piqued my TAD interest and I quickly ordered three tins. Gonna stash it away for a while before giving it a try. Curious what my tin numbers will be as well. :puffy:

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
shanelktown, I missed out, too. I am trying to understand why they would make just 2000 tins. It is not like they made a special edition that consumed the last Syrian Latakia in existence. Actually, the tactic of this sales pitch kind of annoys me. I may just steer my business to other retailers until the taste of sour grapes has subsided.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
shanelktown, I missed out, too. I am trying to understand why they would make just 2000 tins. It is not like they made a special edition that consumed the last Syrian Latakia in existence. Actually, the tactic of this sales pitch kind of annoys me. I may just steer my business to other retailers until the taste of sour grapes has subsided.
Don't be too surprised if a boatload more gets produced.

jmui

Might Stick Around
May 5, 2015
I got 2 tins. I am a sucker for limited editions and anything that may not be sold anymore. I guess I think I'm missing out on something lol. And the funny thing is, I still haven't tried the regular current blend even though I have a tin sitting in my horde.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
"I am a sucker for limited editions and anything that may not be sold anymore."
Me too, but It appears there will be more to come and then some. If we all knew we could order/reorder in the future, the demand would lessen.

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
If this is re-released it probably will not be a numbered, limited edition so the batch that just sold will probably find a collectors market.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I hope more will be produced. I am interested in the blend rather than the collectible nature of a tin, so unnumbered tins will suit me fine.

swilford

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2010
Longs, SC
corporate.laudisi.com
2,000 tins in the world of super-premium small run tobaccos is pretty big. I appreciate that you guys think that we know what's going to happen before it happens with these things, but, seriously, we really don't.
We committed to what seemed, at the time, to be a scary number of tins (keep in mind, to make this sort of thing happen, we have to commit to pay for whatever it is, regardless of whether we sell it quickly or not).
Seriously, if we'd known it would run out this fast, we'd have ordered a bigger run. It'd be crazy for us not to.
Sykes

Dec 24, 2012
Given the success of this offering, I hope that SP is emboldened to try similar special release offerings for other blends in the future.
Blend it, and they will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.