PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
They're up on ebay already!!!!!!!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samuel-Gawith-Squadron-Leader-Limited-Edition-Sealed-Tins-4-/221773025530?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33a2b3d0fa

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
The only issue that I find myself having is that new blends keep coming out faster than I can smoke them, much less buy them. I have 67 blends in my cellar that I haven't been able to try, and now I have one more! I haven't purchased a favorite blend for two years, because I don't wanna miss out on the next new thing. My sons will be smoking (or selling) my stash of Penzance at this rate, lol.

mranglophile

Can't Leave
May 11, 2015
United States
Can't help but throw in my two cents (need those forum posts!!) I live in WA and due to state law I am very limited in ordering tobacco online and Smokingpipes.com is one of the few retailers with the balls to ship to us Washintonian's (that or pay 20-35 a tin locally). So when I got the email that SLAP was being offered around 9ish in the morning I instantly ordered 5 tins being a sucker for British tobacco and good marketing. I checked back through the day to see if it was still available(which it was most the day). Fast forward 5-6 days and I noticed my order was still labeled as "processed" vs "shipped" so I decided to call them up. I was then informed that they were out of stock which happens on occasion due to people having item in thier shopping carts.
I have worked in retail and customer service at various junctures in my life and try to treat other's, especially retail and people who deal with the public with the courtesy and respect I wish people had always exhibited with me but I found myself losing my cool. I tried to let the lady know that couldn't possibly be the problem because I was one of the first people to order and how it had been available for many hours after my order. She could sense my displeasure and I was asked to wait while she talked to the shipping dept. I realized my hand was shaking and took a second to realize it's just tobacco(easy said than done)and took that time to say the serenity prayer. She than came back and asked me if she could contact me the next day as the shipping dept had gone home.
True to her word the next day I received an email explaining that infact they had not oversold but SG had not shipped all the inventory and would be there that day or the next. The next email was one refunding my 2day shipping costs(13.95). The very next day the order shipped and I received it on Saturday.
I want to thank Kaye Farinelli in customer service and smokingpipes.com for making a bad situation better which isn't always easy with a tobacco obsessed person like myself.
btw the SLAP is amazing!!

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Amidst all the hoopla my three tins arrived today.

Tin numbers 924, 986 & 1292. My only gripe, however petty, is that they are not numbered sequentially. I have no intention of selling them and will cellar them for awhile before trying them but it would've been nice if they were in sequence. :puffy:

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
SLAP has disappeared altogether from Smokingpipes.com. That does not bode well for those of us hoping for a re-release. That is, of course, unless they are pulling the "Special Edition" offering in preparation for making SLAP a regularly available tobacco.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Glad I was able to grab two tins of SLAP. Figure I'll crack a tin in a few years on a rainy fall day. My only experience With SL was in bulk and loved it. I'm a sucker for perique, so SLAP has got to be better than SL. Hope smokingpipes.com and Samuel Gawtih do this again someday.

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
phil67 was kind enough to send me a sample and it is quite good for a light to medium English with perique. Good stuff.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
phil67 was kind enough to send me a sample and it is quite good for a light to medium English with perique. Good stuff.
As was seadog kind enough to send me some Penzance, also some damn good stuff. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.