PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I like the approach of everyone whining about the problem and doing nothing about it, but telling the one brave soul to get his ass in gear.
Oh, and don't forget to follow up!

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
but telling the one brave soul to get his ass in gear
I'm know I'm late to 'talk to the wizard', but it never dawned on me to email the people in charge. I'm not sure why. Anyhow, I was energized that the people at BAT seemed very open and excited to hear from a consumer.
I'll keep the thread updated to any and all feedback from BAT.

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
Well, they responded early this morning. Here's the email:
Mr Johnson,
I hope my email finds you well.
My name is Baris Harmankaya and I am Account Manager for Dunhill Cigar&Pipe Tobacco. I thank you for your email dated 5th January 2018, regarding the Dunhill pipe tobacco. When reading the email, it is very clear to me that you have extensive background knowledge on the pipe tobacco, and with this in mind, we have fully reviewed your comments and opinions.
Pipe tobacco is very special category with loyal and dedicated consumers and I fully understand your concern in regard to information on Dunhill pipe tobacco you may have heard. I want to assure you that British American Tobacco always listen to our consumers needs and we would like you to give us an opportunity to explain this situation further more.
Having said that, would you be able to share your phone number with us so I can contact you at earliest possible convenience to discuss this matter further and provide you answers to all your concerns.
I am looking forward to hearing from.
Kind regards,

My response:

I would love to have an audience with the maker of my favorite pipe tobacco. My phone number is (715) XXX-XXXX. I am in the USA, CST Zone (-6 GMT). I do work Monday-Friday 8am-5pm. The phone number is my cell phone. I typically can take a call during those times though.
I look forward to speaking to you.
Thanks,
Matt Johnson

Now I waiting for them to call or respond. I will update with any news.

elvergun

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2017
I just noticed that Smokingpipes raised their price on Dunhill (at least they did on Nightcap)...I wonder if this is the beginning of the end. :|

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
4noggins still has the old price.
Sometimes I can't help but wonder if all these scares aren't a means to boost sales. Not that I'm a Dunhill demise 'denier', but it does get me thinking...

dunstanhillwell62

Might Stick Around
May 11, 2017
Denmark
They have not called me, I kinda thinking they won't
So am I. The reply you got is the same non-reply as the one posted above, except it was supposedly sent by a different person and this paragraph is crafty:
Having said that, would you be able to share your phone number with us so I can contact you at earliest possible convenience to discuss this matter further and provide you answers to all your concerns.
That way, they have not committed themselves to anything in writing... "Telephone conversation..? What telephone conversation..?"
If they do call you, tape the conversation. That way you can always make a transcript should the need arise.
:puffy:

Aug 14, 2012
Just curious. We know the Dunhills worked in the stable in the 19th century. Could the name originally been Dunghill?

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
Could the name originally been Dunghill?
eb6.jpg

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
When I read what Foggy, who's been collecting Dunhills for decades, wrote, I had my first coffee spewing guffaw of the morning. The two objecting twinkies should take a step back.
Relax guys.
Smoke a really great British pipe, like a Barling. :mrgreen:

bluegrasspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2017
Now I am starting to get nervous and thoughts of hording Dunhill tins are getting to me. I have put away quite a few in the last year, but sh*t is starting to get real..
Foggy, I am enjoying the Crosby Dunghill you sold me a lot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.