Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
A world without Royal Yacht is simply an empty ball of dust spinning in space.
If there was only 1 tin of Royal Yacht remaining, would you smoke it and destroy the world?

nukesimi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 25, 2016
I sent the letter a couple months ago, and I sent one before that when the news broke. This was sent to the head of BAT:
nicandro_durante@bat.com;
Greetings Sir. If I understand printed news and gossip, it seems that Dunhill pipe tobacco will soon cease production. As a pipe smoker of many years, may I say that Dunhill tobaccos in their variety and constitution embody the best elements of what the market may offer.
My beloved smokes, both Nightcap and 965, as I have heard, have entered a death spiral, and in their demise a great many pipe smokers have taken to the shop ordering great quantities that may last their very lives. Perhaps you find it unnecessary to provide products that might be in great demand, or, in figuring the bottom line, have found that we will not suffice when revenues are concerned.
In any matter, I will assure you that these products are beloved by their community, and the effect of their absence will be tremendous. It is said production may end sometime in 2018. I ask that you please allow these products to be produced by some other company, one that will care for the tradition and honor which has until now dominated their being.
If I have reached this address in error, I do apologize, and I wish you a long and happy life.
Regards,
XX
Here was the reply:
Dear XX,

I hope my email finds you well.
My name is Jose Benikes and I am General Manager of BAT Global Travel Retail. I thank you for your email dated 1st December 2017, regarding the Dunhill pipe tobacco. When reading the email, it is very clear to me that you have extensive background knowledge on the pipe tobacco, and with this in mind, we have fully reviewed your comments and opinions.
Pipe tobacco is very special category with loyal and dedicated consumers and I fully understand your concern in regard to information on Dunhill pipe tobacco you may have heard. I want to assure you that British American Tobacco always listen to our consumers needs and we would like you to give us an opportunity to explain this situation further more.
Having said that, would you be able to share your phone number with us so one of my senior team members (Mr. Baris Harmankaya) can contact you at earliest possible convenience to discuss this matter further and provide you answers to all your concerns.
I am looking forward to hearing from.
Wish you a nice weekend.
Kind regards,

Jose Benikes

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
Yeah, I didn't follow up. Sorry about that.
giphy.gif

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Yeah, I didn't follow up. Sorry about that.
It's ok Dude...it's only the fate of the planet on your shoulders. Deathmetal is busily smoking up the last of the Royal Yacht even now.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
"Deathmetal is busily smoking up the last of the Royal Yacht even now."

I think I will crack a six year old tin of Yacht right now. :mrgreen:

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
It's ok Dude...it's only the fate of the planet on your shoulders. Deathmetal is busily smoking up the last of the Royal Yacht even now.
Well, when Deathmetal destroys the world, we know who to blame.
In all seriousness, I'm gonna email them to see if I can get an audience.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I like the approach of being proactive. Let's raise a storm about this. Dunhill blends (well, most of them!) are too good to disappear.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
If you don't follow up we'll come and confiscate all your pipes and tobacco and leave you with nothing but a Chinese cob and a pouch of Borkum Riff. :twisted:

cwarmouth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2017
I'm so bummed out about this. We go through a lot of Nightcap at our house. It was the first pipe tobacco my wife ever tried and she was instantly hooked. She will indulge me by smoking other blends with me but she'd rather have Nightcap every day. It's gonna be sad when that ends I think.

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
Just remember to follow up lol
:rofl: I will, don't worry.
I like the approach of being proactive. Let's raise a storm about this. Dunhill blends (well, most of them!) are too good to disappear.
I haven't tried a Dunhill I didn't like. Are they stellar? To, me, some are stellar. Other ones are not stellar, but good.
What I've liked about Dunhill tobaccos is that they hit all the points for me.
Quality

Taste

Smokeability

Presentation
They pack easy and well. They burn great. Taste great. The tin art/and presentation (yes this is something I look at) is pleasing. They are just something I like.
I think everyone that cares should fire off an email to BAT. First off, the person that did got a reply. Secondly, the reply sounded open to discussion and wanting to hear the opinions of customers that took the time to write. It seems we way to often complain that nobody listens. Well, it seems they are listening. Maybe we can overturn this. Maybe BAT doesn't realize what their customers think. Maybe, just maybe, at their next board meeting, they discuss their recent emails with their recent uptick in sales and decide sunsetting the brand is bad. Or, selling it to a buyer is good business.
My 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.