PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
I just got off the phone with PipesandCigars. It was the second time I spoke to an attendant with an accent. He made some small talk and asked me about the weather, so I asked him about his weather.

I'll skip to the end. Apparently PipesandCigars now has a call center in Belize. Belize. It makes sense I suppose. Each time I call Paypal I end up speaking with someone in Thailand.

I find it difficult to imagine that the customer service representative for an online tobacconist is in Belize, of all places.

Kal

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2021
Misplaced Texan, in Ohio
Howdy
Just switched from cigars to a pipe, and have been buying 1-2oz samples at PC.
After reading this last night, decided to try smoking pipes. Really like their weWeb pages. Ordered 5 more samples to try. Got a tracking right away.
Ended up ordering a Mastro De Paja Pompei 300 from tobacco pipes also. The selection was amazing.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
SP hires really good people and encourages customer service all around. I would also point out that their estate pipe pages are among the best, critiquing the pipes in an honest factual way. They enumerate the flaws as well as commending the qualities. If you are new to estate pipes or have been burned in the past, I suggest you try with SP. Their Savinelli new inventory is as large as any I've seen. SP offers lots of satisfaction and minimal if any frustration.

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
Smokingpipes.eu has very good customer service as well. I ordered a couple of pipes from them in early January.
Sometime in February I contacted them. I was told if the pipes didn't arrive in another two weeks to let them know
and they would give me a full refund. They just didn't sit on their hands, but had their agent at Heathrow look into it. Shocking as it seems, the problem was traced to USPS! The pipes arrived about a week later.

Charlie718

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2021
Bronx, New York
I love that SPC separates the Maduro wrappers from the Sumatra. I don’t think they would share flavors from 3-4 days in the same 2-way moisture bag but SPC doesn’t risk it. That’s showing they put thought into packaging. 78235671-C464-4BBB-800B-38ECB7A2E57C.jpeg
On previous orders I had revived two of these bags each only partially filled. They could have combined them into one bag but instead they were also separated by wrapper type. That’s a nice touch

brooklynpipeclub

Can't Leave
Sep 6, 2019
Brooklyn, NYC
www.instagram.com
A few years ago I ordered an oz of Black Twist Sliced from P&C because I was gifted a sample of it from someone previously and wanted more. Upon receiving the bag from P&C it struck me as odd that there was a good amount of lighter colored component leaves (almost blonde) as compared to the sample I had been smoking, and that the cut seemed to differ as well – certainly didn't smell the same either. I called P&C thinking that they might have made an error as mistakes do happen and I was told that I was wrong and that I got what I had ordered. They explained that Black Twist Sliced sometimes has very light component leaves which accounted for the blend looking different from what I had expected. After smoking a couple of bowls of what they sent me it was apparent that I didn't get BTS but some other, very good tobacco which I will never be able to identify. Nonetheless, I decided to take my business elsewhere and am now a big supporter of tobaccopipes and smokingpipes. Their customer service is stellar. Kudos to them for running great businesses in a very tight and crowded market.

Sanzini

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2021
Bristow, VA
I don't know if anyone from SmokingPipes.com pokes around here, but if so I'd like you to know that every order I once would have made with pipesandcigars.com now goes straight to you. Customer service and plain dealing goes a long way, and should always be rewarded. I appreciate you guys.
I just discovered this as well. pipesandcigars is dead to me.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have been using Sp since it's inception somewhere around 2001 and I have never been disappointed. I once placed an order for around 1900 dollars and a couple of the blends were out of stock. I totally forgot about the order and a year or so later they called me up and asked if I still wanted to wait. I had completely forgotten about the order but they didn't. I had them send me a check for 1900.00 plus and was amazed at how they remembered it.

Reactions: Kal