PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Chrisd123

Lurker
Apr 20, 2021
Virginia
I don't know if anyone from SmokingPipes.com pokes around here, but if so I'd like you to know that every order I once would have made with pipesandcigars.com now goes straight to you. Customer service and plain dealing goes a long way, and should always be rewarded. I appreciate you guys.
They’re amazing over there. I’ve given them quite a bit of business and won’t be changing that any time soon. At this point, when I put ‘s’ in the address bar of my browser, Chrome knows...

OneGoodBulldog

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2020
Smoking pipes.com just stretched $20 CAN about as far as you stretch polymer money! Now to see if my clever plot to avoid the ire of the CBSA works. Also, worth pointing out for those of worried about the current, ahem, status... of the US postal service, it sounds like the el' cheapo shipping option uses UPS for most of the legwork within the US.

Heck, even if it takes a month of Sunday's to get here and the tax man doubles the price I'm still paying half what I would up here. Plus I get to try some new tobacco that hasn't spent four years freezing it's tits off on some Igloo shelf in downtown Edmonton.

I'd say that's about enough to warrant some repeat business.

lsnadon

Lurker
Mar 27, 2021
Cheyenne
www.reallycooldude.com
I like Smokingpipes.eu also for the European counterpart. They only sell pipes, no tobacco.
Can anyone bear witness to how well an order to SmokingPipes.eu will fare to the US? While I am newly back into my pipes, luckily I happened upon SmokingPipes.com right off - now that I seem to have a preference (Peterson) and I seem to enjoy the filtered pipes a little better (my Dublins always seem to be a go to for me right now). I have my eye on a few from the .eu site. Most anything on the US site WITHOUT a filter, is available from the EU site WITH a filter..... Not overly concerned with a little extra shipping time, but I am fairly concerned if there will be import duties charged, and if so, how much? I've ordered various items over the years from European sellers, and quite often, the import taxes seem to slip by the wayside though...... Just want to be ready for them, just in case.

I did contact the US site to ask about availability of some of the other pipes WITH a filter and their answer was no - they only Peterson they offer with a filter is the Dublin.

Specifically, I'm looking at a Newgrange Spigot with a 9MM filter..... It will be about $40 more (with the filter) from .eu vs .com, which I am okay with (assuming the tax man does not take a cut).

Reactions: ofafeather

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Can anyone bear witness to how well an order to SmokingPipes.eu will fare to the US? While I am newly back into my pipes, luckily I happened upon SmokingPipes.com right off - now that I seem to have a preference (Peterson) and I seem to enjoy the filtered pipes a little better (my Dublins always seem to be a go to for me right now). I have my eye on a few from the .eu site. Most anything on the US site WITHOUT a filter, is available from the EU site WITH a filter..... Not overly concerned with a little extra shipping time, but I am fairly concerned if there will be import duties charged, and if so, how much? I've ordered various items over the years from European sellers, and quite often, the import taxes seem to slip by the wayside though...... Just want to be ready for them, just in case.

I did contact the US site to ask about availability of some of the other pipes WITH a filter and their answer was no - they only Peterson they offer with a filter is the Dublin.

Specifically, I'm looking at a Newgrange Spigot with a 9MM filter..... It will be about $40 more (with the filter) from .eu vs .com, which I am okay with (assuming the tax man does not take a cut).
I have had one order from them with no duty or long shipping. My guess is at that price point they won’t ding you. You could also try requesting it through the SP USA. Laudisi owns Peterson and they get new Petes in regularly and could probably get what you want.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA

There should not be duty or tax on it. Just the cost/shipping.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
My purchases are 40% SP, and 60% It's my local tobacco store. The problem is,what post mail in Spain loses a lot of ordinary package. And I'd like SP to send the certified packages. I've already lost a package shiped on february day 21, by SP...............Spanish post office is getting more an more disaster. If I still lose packages, I'II have to buy everything at my local tobacco shop.............:mad:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
SP really is a management masterpiece. They know their products and customer base, and know if they give good service and extra care, it will pay off over time fairly quickly. My last two new pipes have been from SP, and I often go to them for tobacco and accessories. I've had good experience with PC, though I know others haven't always. I like Russ's blends and other tobacco offerings, and have gotten some significant discounts on pipes. I don't use them quite as often, but regularly, along with Iwan Ries and others.