PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
We are planning to leave Nj within 2 years to reside in the Jacksonville Florida area,hopefully on Amelia Island
Been there, done that, loved it...what a plan, you da man. :crazy:
Can I come and visit you when you do move? :puffy:

docrx

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 9, 2011
It was a bit wobbly but i did walk out and ty for the applause! It keeps me going.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
OK lets see, I am a old beat up U.S.M.C. vet. (Been there done that) that now walks with a cane some days and I smoke a pipe. WOW lets see You beat that. :rofl:

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
I give this a go if you're all still interested. I am 27 married with a little girl in the oven living in Littleton, Colorado. I am a student studying Literature and History hoping some day to become a full fledged college professor. My kidneys failed when I 9 which lead to a kidney transplant a few years ago. I started smoking pipes when I was 18 and never really stopped. I started smoking with my grandpa who was a life long pipe smoker. Between the wife and school I don't really have time for many hobbies, but I do collect coins and books when I have time to devote to them. I guess that about sums it up.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I'm 38 and married. I live and work near Dallas, Texas. I am a mortician and a metalhead but I don't play in bands anymore. I do produce a couple, though, and I have my own publishing company to sell the CDs and the 2 books that I wrote. There's more books and CDs on the way but right now I still have to work for the man so I write/produce when I have time to waste.
For fun I like to brew my own mead, country wines and liqueurs.
I'm also one of the resident motorcycle guys on here.
My favorite pipe is my Meerschaum and my favorite baccy is H&H black House, but I smoke random aros in a corn cob almost as much.

Jul 15, 2011
I'm 38 and married. I live and work near Dallas, Texas. I am a mortician and a metalhead but I don't play in bands anymore. I do produce a couple, though, and I have my own publishing company to sell the CDs and the 2 books that I wrote
Youre a writer, a metal head, and you are my older brothers spitting image. Are you sure that we aren't related, Baron? 8O

whitebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2010
i'm 67--married 38 years--two daughters, one son (deceased)--worked for almost 40 years and now retired--

spent 4 years in the service; 38 months and 7 days in Asia--

seems i have smoked a pipe forever--

been an amateur radio operator since 1958--

beside the radio hobby i read, watch birds, and take care of the lady of the house--enjoy hiking in the boonies observing nature, but despise walking just to get exercise--not much into music or sports anymore, and watch TV only if you point a gun at me and force me to--

my mother always said i was born 'terminally lazy'--

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Hello! I am 50 years old, father of 6, stepfather to 6 more, and 20 grandkids across the board. Worked as a medic for over 30 years, in New Orleans, Henrietta Texas, and now offshore in the Gulf of Mexico. Besides my pipes, I enjoy trail riding in my Jeep, riding my mountain bike, watching movies of all sorts and listening to a wide variety of music. My other interests include the contrast of science and religion, political discussion, and good beer. My reading list tends to the eclectic as well, but primarily science fiction. Tried to write for a bit, and have the rejection slips to prove it. I really like my job, my favorite tobacco is Penzance, and my favorite pipe is the last one I bought.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I dunnoo matchstickman. Some of my family has been in America since before it was America and some were Germans that emigrated to Texas, so anything's possible. My people have always lived in the South-Virginia, Georgia and Texas mostly but one relative was in Boston in the late 1600s. I'm related to both James Bowie and John Wesley Hardin and some of my relatives were part of Texas' Old 300.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Baron. We Slaughters also have links to James Bowie. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Horton_Slaughter

chestercopperpot

Might Stick Around
Aug 29, 2011
My name is Seth, Chester Copperpot is a character from my favorite movie from the 80's, when I was a kid. I'm originally from a small town in Indiana, but I've lived in Chicago, London, Edinburgh, and Luoyang China. I studied Chinese in college and lived in China for a little over a year so I'm somewhat fluent in Chinese. I graduated from Purdue University. I have several hobbies, including classical guitar, Irish mandolin, straight razor shaving, model ship building, and drinking too much microbrewery beer. And eating. A lot. At the moment I'm building a 1:96 scale model of the USS Constitution, it should be done in a few months. I'm distantly related to Humphrey Bogart, his mother was my grandfather's cousin. I've never been married and don't have any kids, although I want both. I guess that's me!

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
straight razor shaving, model ship building, and drinking too much microbrewery beer. And eating. A lot. At the moment I'm building a 1:96 scale model of the USS Constitution,
We will need a picture of that one when you're done with it. :clap:

morlader

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2011
Cornwall UK
I am 77yrs old and live in St Austell Cornwall in the UK.I seem to have been smoking a pipe since the age of the dinosaurs.Mostly Latakia blends but just lately Virginia blends.In my younger days I was at sea in the Merchant Navy then came ashore and drove trucks for a bit then joined the Ambulance Service I retired in 1999.I am married with one daughter and three grandchildren. My hobbies are reading and photography ( 35mm film ) don't do much these days though.I swim most every day in our local 25m pool nothing special,just plod up and down for an hour

chestercopperpot

Might Stick Around
Aug 29, 2011
I am 77yrs old and live in St Austell Cornwall in the UK.I seem to have been smoking a pipe since the age of the dinosaurs.Mostly Latakia blends but just lately Virginia blends.In my younger days I was at sea in the Merchant Navy then came ashore and drove trucks for a bit then joined the Ambulance Service I retired in 1999.I am married with one daughter and three grandchildren. My hobbies are reading and photography ( 35mm film ) don't do much these days though.I swim most every day in our local 25m pool nothing special,just plod up and down for an hour.
Good show! What is that ship in your avatar? HMS Victory?
I lived for a bit in Barnet, north London. I didn't like it there, I'm sure I'd be happier in Cornwall or maybe Wales.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
I'll play. I'm 48 and live in the delightful weather bipolar schizophrenic land of Chicago where its 100 one day and 60 the next. I'm married and have a son who just started high school. For a job I am a pricing manager/consultant for a large technology company which means I am the financial reviewer and approver for sales opportunities across portions of the US. I also own Obsidian Pipe Company. My favorite ways to spend time other than pipe smoking are bicycling, air gunning, cooking and hosting friends over for dinner and spending time with my dog, who is simply brilliant. I recently sold off my scooter to ride my bikes more. I have 3 bikes, a city bike, a long tail cargo bike and a touring bike. One day I hope to ride from Land's End to John O Groats. I'm a city boy through and through but enjoy the country in limited amounts. Living in Chicago makes it hard to enjoy the country since 40 minutes from Chicago means its corn fields in every direction for days. In the past I studied improv pretty extensively and hope to return to it one day.

morlader

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2011
Cornwall UK
It's the Endeavour Capt. Cooks ship.Grandson built it for me for my 77th birthday.I will get some detail pics up in a day or so.

chestercopperpot

Might Stick Around
Aug 29, 2011
It's the Endeavour Capt. Cooks ship.Grandson built it for me for my 77th birthday.I will get some detail pics up in a day or so.
Oh, great. A US space shuttle was named after the Endeavour, such a great ship.

zunismoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2010
NC
I am 66, retired and live on 5 acres in rural SE North Carolina. I worked as an Electrician in construction for 20 some years and then as an Instrument technician for about 18 years before retiring in 2006. I moved from CA 5 years ago to NC and do not have any regrets. I collect mostly Danish pipes and vintage tobacco. I sell pipes and tobacco on and off on eBay. Am planning eventually on having a website to sell vintage tobacco and other related items. I am married to a NC girl who is a gem! We have 5 cats and 3 dogs. Too many! lol I like to travel, but am limited by the cost of fuel. I have a 1988 BMW MC with a sidecar that I like to put around on. I go to pipe shows twice a year.

cajunplume

Might Stick Around
Aug 24, 2011
Names Aaron, 27 been smokin a pipe for about 6 months now. Im from lafayette Louisiana and was born and raised cajun. Love to fish and started hunting about three yrs ago. Not married yet but have been dating the same girl for almost two years and recently found out we have a kid on the way and I couldnt be more exited. i also love to cook. i do commercial refrigeration all over the south and have probably been to your home town more than once if you live in MS AS LA TX or AL. Oh and BOB don't let it get to you(which i'm sure you don't)... we call anyone outside of south louisiana either a redneck or a yankee! :nana: :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.