PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

simpledesign

Might Stick Around
Mar 31, 2011
OK I'll shoot. I'm 33 years old living in Nixa, MO currently. My steady income is from a large bank where I coach people on customer service and do follow-up calls for our "high net worth" customers. My main hobby is photography and I do get some paid gigs every now and again but I am no Ansel Adams, Joe McNally, Joel Sartore, level shooter yet.
Website is www.simpledesignpics.com. (which I will also take feedback about)

seanz

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
rhi-and-owy.jpg
Rhiannon and Owyn

All right i'm in. I'm 36 not married. I have two beautifull kids who live with their mother.

I live in Invercargill New Zealand. A wonderfull place where the brass monkeys wear wollen underpants in the winter.

I got into pipes as a way to smoke my homegrown virginia, and now hooked on them :worship:

Currently unemployed But have worked as butcher for a dogs age. I enjoy reading anything i can get my hands on.

not much of a tv person but love listening to music, anything apart from the mass produced crap they inflict on our ears these days :evil:

as for hobbies i grow tobacco smoke pipes, a bit of surfing now and then (though the ice bergs get in the way down here).

Cant think of much else as i am full of the man flu :roll:

Jul 15, 2011
What the hell. I'll play along. I am probably going to be the green one here in that I am only 24 years old. I'm not married but seeing a wonderful woman who means the world to me. We have no children yet, but only time will tell if we will have any. I work as a line cook in a small Italian restaurant as my main job and work part time as a clerk at a gas station to earn my pipe and tobacco money. I am an aspiring writer of all things science fiction, crime noir, and generally strange. I tried cigarettes when I was 18 but gave up on them after a week. I tried a cigar shortly after that and got heavily into cigars for a while, but once I loaded up my first Dr. Grabow pipe with Borkum Riff Whiskey flavored tobacco, I never looked back. I took a few year hiatus on the hobby due to a bad alcohol problem, but I am thankful and happy to admit that I have kicked the hard stuff entirely and have just started back on pipe smoking within the last 6 months. I enjoy collecting and refurbishing pipes, and am also a voracious reader and am just starting to get into calligraphy.

tomikocm

Lurker
Jul 2, 2011
19, not married, no kids.
Attending Kettering University for mechanical engineering
first pipe was a duca carlo, picked up around my 18th birthday.
currently smoking out of a Cayuga slim apple and smoking the Arrowhead pipe club mixture from Pauls Pipe Shop.

onemangang

Might Stick Around
May 20, 2011
I'll be 41 this December. I've been married for 15 years and have a wonderful 11 YO daughter. I grew up on a farm in souh Georgia. Been smoking a pipe off and on since I was 16. I am the director of a private/non-profit nature center. I spend most of my free time on Lake Blackshear in SWGA.

I dont use puctuation correctly and didmiss spellcheck.

I enjoy practical shooting and most types of hunting. When I grow up I want to own a liquor store/gun store/art gallery. I enjoy exploring the world of bourbon. I am a small time artist that only paints when inspired. The top 5 bands I am listening to now are Pink Floyd, REM, Widespread Panic, Talking Heads and the Chickasaw Muddpuppies.

onemangang

Might Stick Around
May 20, 2011
I fish mostly for catfish off my dock. SOMETIMES I even put bait on my hook. Seriously though, most of my time at the lake is spent relaxing and looking at the water. Some folks "don't get it" though. Great place to roast a bowl.

abecox

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2010
20, student at Cleveland State Uni in Lovely downtown cleveland.
I started back in the summer of my 18th year. Its stuck. I used to play the Upright Bass, though I'm looking for an opportunity to start up again. Maybe. Its kinda fun being the One pipesmoker I know of on Campus, but the camups cops don't like me much.

docrx

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 9, 2011
My name is Jay...When i was 20yo(1976) I dove from a lifeguard stand into shallow water and fractured my neck leaving me paralyzed from the neck down. I was told i would never walk again. I rehabbed at the rusk institute in nyc for almost one year and defied the odds and walked out but do have residual damage increasing with age. I grew up in north Nj and now reside at the Nj shore.I attended the U. of Connecticut and received a pharmacy degree and practiced pharmacy till i retired 2 years ago.I am married to Linda but we have no children except for our rescue dog LOLA from Tennessee.We have travelled to practically every beach from Maine to Key West.I smoked a pipe when in HS and gave it up shortly until begginning again about one year ago for a break from cigars.I enjoy the summers floating in my pool smoking a good cigar. We are planning to leave Nj within 2 years to reside in the Jacksonville Florida area,hopefully on Amelia Island.I enjoy all music and my all time favorites are Van Morrison,Bob Dylan,And The Grateful Dead. I enjoy reading the classics while puffing a cigar or sipping my pipes most of which are old estates from you know where.

Status
Not open for further replies.