PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
Personally, I don’t find it ugly. However, some may see it as ugly, rudimentarily routered, etc. This pipe has character which has been passed down to me starting 60+ years ago. The stem is a brindle replacement from the original vulcanite. It’s a larger bowl size for me, so I generally save this pipe for cooler months with nice size bowls of English blends. Smoke very well!☕97935156-F606-4491-922C-9E37BDB4F590.jpeg

tech49

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2020
Hamburg Twp, MI
Not mine, butt, it could be your's for only $55.00.
I expected better from Hardcastle...

s-l1600.jpg

"Oh! That ain't right."
-Guy, Galaxy Quest

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
Not mine ... yet.
The Blue Collar Series from Monstrosity Pipes.
IMG_1230.JPG

IMG_1223.JPG
Definitely ugly, but since Olie made them intentionally ugly, it‘s just fun. I have one myself, acquired in a lot of pipes. The stem is just roughed out. I smoke it very occasionally.

My ugliest pipe was donated to the Chicago Pipe Show auction by a generous benefactor, but the winning bidder had a change of heart and refused to pay, so for the benefit of the club, I bought it. Out of respect to the donor, I won’t share a photo, but trust me, it’s damned ugly!

Reactions: wolflarsen and logs
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Not the prettiest freehand I've ever seen, but not so horrifying.
The proportions are out of whack, but it’s certainly not the ugliest pipe I’ve seen.
It started as a test briar to see what different tools would do. Long, long ago. Then one day I had to decide if it should just go in the trash. Seeing as how the briar came from American Pipes and was drilled by Tinski or one of his minions I popped a stem in it and fired it up. Now I only smoke it at night, to hide the shame of smoking an ugly pipe.

View attachment 5821
That could still be saved, but I like how it has a story behind it.