PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Haunted Bookshop. I'm mainly a codger Burley fan, smoking mostly Prince Albert that's been spiked with blending Perique (McClelland's, go figure). H.B. is a revved-up version of my spiked Prince Albert. P.A. is smoother, I think because it has Turkish in it, but H.B. is tastier. The downside on H.B. is that it burns pretty quickly -- must be the cut.
I like McClelland's tobaccos; IMO they do Va blends as well as anyone for the money. Also, when shopping, I'm too lazy to hop all over the website picking from different manufacturers. If you check out my pix on page one of this thread, you'll see that I do have some brand variety. I will, however, expand to other bulk producers, notably Stokkebye. Over time, dunedain has piqued my curiosity about some of their offerings. As for some of the finer tins out there, well, I just can't justify the boutique prices on a regular basis. But I'm happy with what I have.

fhb2532

Lifer
Feb 22, 2010
Looking for help can't find glass, any coments on hard plstyc (acryllic), stainless steal, or ceramic?

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
Have you checked your grocery store? Mine has Kerr canning jars. Or of course a Walmart etc.
Also likely poo pooed for cellaring but for shorter term storage I use lcok and lock typoe containers and haven't noticed any flavor transfer. But of course I haven't stored tobacco in them for several years straight either.
They do work very well for bulk blends that are in active rotation.
locklock.jpg

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
This thread is awe-inspiring. Bob or Kevin, if I had your stash, I would have to smoke for several years after they put me in the ground to use all that up. Seriously, how fast do you think you can smoke through that???
I'm slowly adding to my stash, up to four blends now, but with the taxes the way they are in Canada, the prices I have to pay are a lot higher than I see on the U.S. web retailers. About $25 for a pouch... I try to avoid my wife's evil eye if I can.

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
I feel so inadequate… last time I felt this way I was a freshman football player and on the first week of high school and I accidently stumbled into the varsity locker room.

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
I saw this guy's cellar from another forum and my first reaction was "Holy Shit!". I'm pretty sure he's got a different album and more tobaccos than are listed on this one and also an enormous collection of other stuff, including a quilt made from pipe socks.
Danish Pipe Guy's Cellar Photos

shotokun16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2010
so if i was to buy a Full Virginia Flake by SG (tin 50G) and it was made/packed around 1990 and selling it in 2010 how much do you think the tin is worth?

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Shotokun16 Said:

so if i was to buy a Full Virginia Flake by SG (tin 50G) and it was made/packed around 1990 and selling it in 2010 how much do you think the tin is worth?
It is worth whatever some one is willing to pay. That is about the best answer that I can give.
Some people will not pay more than what it costs retail while others have no problem paying extraordinary amounts for aged tobacco. It just depends on the individual.

shotokun16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2010
Beginners stash
on the left (mason jars) you have Black Rasberry (Local Tobacconist mix), Davinci, and Devils Holiday.
Bottom you have W.o Signature, Scottish cake by R. McConell, Penzance, Dorechester is somwhere in the back and Stonehaven by Estoricia Tobaccina (mason jar far right)
Pipes: Peterson shape 6 silver sterling, two diplomat MM corncobs, Savinelli Roma 616, and my burnt Sandra pipe.
102_5677.jpg

102_5678.jpg

102_5679.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.