PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

strongcity

Lurker
Feb 26, 2015
I started collecting Sasieni pipes only about ten years ago. I really never had the $$$ for the more rare, very nice pieces, but once in a great while I found one or two I really liked. Over that period of time, I ended up with quite a few in the collection. I'll post some of the nicer pipes over the next few days/next week once I get some decent photos taken. Here's a sneak-peak: A Four Dot Prince

Attachments

• Sasieni Four Dot Prince 1.jpg
    Sasieni Four Dot Prince 1.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Sasieni Four Dot Prince 2.jpg
    Sasieni Four Dot Prince 2.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Sasieni Four Dot Prince 3.jpg
    Sasieni Four Dot Prince 3.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Sasieni Four Dot Prince 4.jpg
    Sasieni Four Dot Prince 4.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 8

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
I think Jesse was one of the first pipe collectors to note this earlier town name reference. The former "Annapolis Smoke Shop", closed for two years had file cabinets full of decades old brand catalogs, including Sasieni. Wish I knew what happened to them.
You and me both, Brother!

ebnash

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 5, 2019
Los Gatos, CA

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
My Ashford 88s arrived today,Imagine my surprise on opening the parcel I found not a Four dot Natural Ashford S but a four dot Natural Middleton.
I contacted the seller and we arranged for me to buy the Middleton at a reduced price and he is going to send me the Ashton.
So my sasieni collection grows not by one but two

s-l1600 (1).jpgs-l1600 (2).jpgs-l1600 (1).jpgs-l1600.jpg

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I have only just this one - a one dot bulldog bought when I knew next to nothing about Sasieni (still don't) !
I was collecting Bulldogs and wanted a collection of classic British brands. I am more circumspect now that I am aware of traps for the unwary such as one dots for the Italian/European market and re-issues of commemorative eight dots and four dots vs 4 dots.image.jpg

C

carolinasmokes

I have thoroughly enjoyed viewing this thread, you guys have some awesome looking Sasieni pipes and those of you who have restored them did a good job! Thanks for sharing.

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
Top L-R: Rusticated “Canadian”, Blasted “Canadian”
Mid L-R: Two Dot 74, Two Dot 70, Two Dot 30, Four Dot Buckingham, Four Dot Appleby, Four Dot Burton, Four Dot , Four Dot St. Andrews, Four Dot St. Andrews
Bottom L-R: Four Dot Viscount Lascelles, Four Dot Viscount Lascelles

1336-DC10-3-B16-473-E-B24-A-6229720-F4-C42.jpg
I know this is an older thread but I gotta say those 4 dot St. Andrews are really my kind of pipes. I’m on the look out for one now. Thanks for posting

Just to update this thread with my new Sasieni (?) Ladies Pipe
A 5in tall Dublin with Family era "Sasieni with fish script" over "London Made"
No other nomenclature nor dots on stem.View attachment 96998View attachment 96999
Any dots on stem? With the Sasieni “Fish” stamping it should be an one dot, eight dot or a four dot. If it does not have a dot on the stem, possibly the stem is a replacement.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Any dots on stem? With the Sasieni “Fish” stamping it should be an one dot, eight dot or a four dot. If it does not have a dot on the stem, possibly the stem is a replacement.
@cshubhra,
I was hoping that you and a couple of the other Sadieni collectors would chime in.
This is only my 2nd Sasieni and I was so excited at seeing the "Sasieni Fish stamp" that I jumped on it without reading the description of the pipe.
I was expecting some dots, but there are none.
The bowl looks hardly smoked, and the stem is a perfect fit, so if it a replacement, it might have been made by Sadieni. The button is very well cut.
I'm hoping that one of the members may be familiar, or have example(s) so the Sasieni Ladies Pipes image.jpg

Reactions: cshubhra