PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Brew&Briar

(Urban Briar)
Jan 3, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Smoked some 12 year old Sillem’s Black as the inaugural bowl and it was amazing, if not a little hot but that was due to fast puffing due to excitement.
Wow, looks great! I was shocked that did not go for more (I'm assuming this is the one on ebay last week.) I was going to big on it, but figured I would be disappointment when I got out-big. Congrats! Its amazing.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Wow, looks great! I was shocked that did not go for more (I'm assuming this is the one on ebay last week.) I was going to big on it, but figured I would be disappointment when I got out-big. Congrats! Its amazing.
Thanks! Yeah this was that one from last week. I appreciate you (and everyone else) for not upping the price 😅 I had a pretty high max which I was ready to pay but it would’ve meant a longer stay at the doghouse.

NC TX ID pipeman

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 25, 2021
North Carolina,Texas,Idaho
Smoked some 12 year old Sillem’s Black as the inaugural bowl and it was amazing, if not a little hot but that was due to fast puffing due to excitement.

View attachment 231917

Also here’s the paper that came with it. Having all the ephemera with it just makes it that much more enjoyable.

View attachment 231918
And now you got a nice oom paul!!Looks amazing!Is it smaller than a modern pub pipe?I know you got one too.Millenium looks a little bigger than Old Shamrock I own and angle of the stem seems more laid down than straight up on a shamrock 02.Congratulations!

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
And now you got a nice oom paul!!Looks amazing!Is it smaller than a modern pub pipe?I know you got one too.Millenium looks a little bigger than Old Shamrock I own and angle of the stem seems more laid down than straight up on a shamrock 02.Congratulations!
Thanks! I’ll get a photo of the two of them soon but the pub is definitely bigger. Here’s links for SP for the same model pipes:

Dublin Millennium: https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/estate/ireland/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=96814

Pub Pipe: https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/peterson/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=405865

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
My House Pipe needed a little brother.

So I picked up this Oak Pub Pipe. I like how it hangs better. It's more adapt for getting some things done, opposed to just reading and watching the critters and walkers.

View attachment 232131
Yeah for such a big pipe it feels like you can take it anywhere. Very well designed. I wish you could get it with a tapered stem. (Please no one post any 2022 PPNs to make me jealous).

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Yeah for such a big pipe it feels like you can take it anywhere. Very well designed. I wish you could get it with a tapered stem. (Please no one post any 2022 PPNs to make me jealous).
Agreed, the Pub Pipe feels very well designed. I haven't smoked it yet, but anticipate it will be a good burner based on draw and comfort. Where the House Pipe dangles a bit, the Pub Pipe just feels more secure.

Here is a picture of the brothers of the briar, together (with my 3 year old daughter pointing at the House Pipe for reference (the stem of the House Pipe is significantly larger, but the bowl and stummel are similar in size with the chamber depth having about a .28 inch difference).

20230708_132010.jpg

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Agreed, the Pub Pipe feels very well designed. I haven't smoked it yet, but anticipate it will be a good burner based on draw and comfort. Where the House Pipe dangles a bit, the Pub Pipe just feels more secure.

Here is a picture of the brothers of the briar, together (with my 3 year old daughter pointing at the House Pipe for reference (the stem of the House Pipe is significantly larger, but the bowl and stummel are similar in size with the chamber depth having about a .28 inch difference).

View attachment 232161
Yeah I was surprised when I compared my house and pub. The house is unsmoked and will
get moved along at some point because I know I won’t reach for it over the pub.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Yeah I was surprised when I compared my house and pub. The house is unsmoked and will
get moved along at some point because I know I won’t reach for it over the pub.
I purchased the House Pipe to assist in my weekend morning routine of getting up before the household: enjoying a bottomless cup of coffee and pipe while watching the neighborhood awaken. A 30 ounce Yeti assisted with having copious amounts of coffee.

However, a pipe like the Donegal Rocky 80s below led to more frequent pipe filling (which is not necessarily a bad thing) and disruption from my book. I figured a House Pipe would solve a two pipe problem with one stone.

Before my weekend mornings with a House Pipe got started, I had a few situations in life that (sadly) left the House Pipe unsmoked. The Pub Pipe seems to "fit the bill" and will hopefully get smoked soon.

20230625_100141.jpg

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I purchased the House Pipe to assist in my weekend morning routine of getting up before the household: enjoying a bottomless cup of coffee and pipe while watching the neighborhood awaken. A 30 ounce Yeti assisted with having copious amounts of coffee.

However, a pipe like the Donegal Rocky 80s below led to more frequent pipe filling (which is not necessarily a bad thing) and disruption from my book. I figured a House Pipe would solve a two pipe problem with one stone.

Before my weekend mornings with a House Pipe got started, I had a few situations in life that (sadly) left the House Pipe unsmoked. The Pub Pipe seems to "fit the bill" and will hopefully get smoked soon.

View attachment 232187
A house pipe with 30oz of coffee before everyone wakes up?! That is impressive, my friend.

NC TX ID pipeman

Dec 25, 2021

View attachment 232161
For some reason everytime I hold pub and house p. together I cannot help myself to see the beauty of a house pipe..The pub shape somehow looks unbalaced shapewise-bowl is too big for such a thin shank ,stem bent is wrong etc..Both would benefit to have a tapered stem..it just looks so much better..And smoking a house pipe is a great pleasure ..20230708_221506_HDR.jpg

NC TX ID pipeman

Dec 25, 2021