PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
I love that older style Peterson rustication. I’m a fan of the new style as well when done in a visually organic way, but that old pebble style just looks so natural.

I like your background too!

I’m a big 20s fan. Where did you get the B style tapered replacement stem? Very cool.
Thanks! Petersons themselves, will change the stem for you (at extra cost). I didn’t ask for a tapered stem but after I sent my pipe they messaged me back saying they could do a vulcanite replacement but it could only be tapered, not the original saddle. Maybe they’re phasing out the older saddles & larger gap in favour of tapered & reduced gap fitting stems on all the De Luxe shapes? Who knows, either way I’m happy.

briarfoxx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 28, 2021
Tennessee
Thanks! Petersons themselves, will change the stem for you (at extra cost). I didn’t ask for a tapered stem but after I sent my pipe they messaged me back saying they could do a vulcanite replacement but it could only be tapered, not the original saddle. Maybe they’re phasing out the older saddles & larger gap in favour of tapered & reduced gap fitting stems on all the De Luxe shapes? Who knows, either way I’m happy.
Interesting! Makes it almost look like a miniature Mark Twain 14B :) Thank you for the information!

Reactions: Nevaditude

MCJ

Can't Leave
May 22, 2022
NW Connecticut
I have two of the Peterson Shorts (Rusticated versions with Fishtail stems) -- a Bulldog (shape 150) and Zulu (shape 268). Both pipes smoke great and have nice texture and "feel" in the hand. Most of the time (when smoking contemplatively at home ) I reach for my Dunhills or one of my Andreas Bauer meers, but when I am traveling or engaged in any active outdoors activity it's these two Petersons that are my companions...

Peterson Short Rusticated Bulldog 150.jpg
Peterson Short Rusticated Zulu 268.jpg

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I have two of the Peterson Shorts (Rusticated versions with Fishtail stems) -- a Bulldog (shape 150) and Zulu (shape 268). Both pipes smoke great and have nice texture and "feel" in the hand. Most of the time (when smoking contemplatively at home ) I reach for my Dunhills or one of my Andreas Bauer meers, but when I am traveling or engaged in any active outdoors activity it's these two Petersons that are my companions...

View attachment 172760
View attachment 172761
Nice! I've got three shorts and love them - great on a road trip or a walk out in the wild - fit nicely anywhere. My Arklow 127 is almost a "short" - it's pretty compact and serves the same purposes.

MCJ

Can't Leave
May 22, 2022
NW Connecticut
Nice! I've got three shorts and love them - great on a road trip or a walk out in the wild - fit nicely anywhere. My Arklow 127 is almost a "short" - it's pretty compact and serves the same purposes.
Yes, love the Shorts-- they really are super handy. May have to consider getting another! :)

manny816

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2020
Central NJ USA

View attachment 172760
View attachment 172761
Very nice!

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
Figure I'd share the Petersons on MY collection. The first two I inherited from my great grandmother, and the Kaprue I found at a thrift store.
K&P 208
Kapruf 56

What's interesting is that the 1 in 1307 designates it as a pipe sold in Canada. Same with the model 56 which was sold exclusively in a Montreal store.

Just got a box with some old pipes yesterday, and I was asking myself is that one a Peterson or not. It’s got the p-lip and the additional chamber in the shank. But no army mount or silver cap, no P logo on the stem, the stamping almost washed away. Then I saw yours right now. What is yours? A kapruf? When was it produced? Take a look at mine.

4770BBD2-CA28-4A39-B95B-920CE0579DEE.jpeg
3CCE9D63-B317-4CC9-A663-A90AAF0DE33A.jpeg

Okay there is bad dent at the rim in front…