New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
I thought some of you might've missed this in the May 2022 *What Are You Smoking?* thread a couple of days ago, so, I thought I would post this here. Here's a Peterson Clay System Bent Billiard Shape 8 (similar to a 313) with an orific bit, not a P-Lip. The nickel band is seamless, so this clay pipe is from sometime after 1963 and was probably made in Scotland by Duncan McDougall.

IMG_20220510_034114.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I thought some of you might've missed this in the May 2022 *What Are You Smoking?* thread a couple of days ago, so, I thought I would post this here. Here's a Peterson Clay System Bent Billiard Shape 8 (similar to a 313) with an orific bit, not a P-Lip. The nickel band is seamless, so this clay pipe is from sometime after 1963 and was probably made in Scotland by Duncan McDougall.

View attachment 144498
I don't recall ever having seen a Peterson clay pipe - awesome!

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
As was I! I have yet to own an 80S, and a Natural Spigot? That's the leap into the deep end of that shape, enjoy it!
I bought a natural spigot 80s with amber stem from the UK about 2=3 years ago.unfortunately it never got to me.
Ok I was refunded but would have much rather have had the pipe.
i assume some pipe smoking postal worker has it now

• Sad
Reactions: ofafeather

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
I have a nice 80s, and fortunately it was drilled properly…

View attachment 144688
according to Dave the pipe I just bought is also drilled correctly.I think the higher you go in the prices the more likely you are to get a good one.
however I havent had many poor ones,but most of my collection of Petes are older pipes (pre republic or earlier) or higher grade

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Having the first bowl in the new Phoenix, courtesy of influencers above!

I was a little on the fence because I was taken with the pics on The Pipe Nook website, but noticed the stem is quite a bit more orange in reality. The more I thought about it, the more I liked it better and it's a really cool looking pipe in person. I'm thinking fiery sunset on the west coast of Ireland - nobody tell me different, lol. Did my customary hot paper towel wipe, a little sandpaper - nothing comes between me and my Petersons!

E85C05C2-F3B5-4D26-87A2-06849E566A9A.jpeg

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
I got my Peterson Deluxe Classic 150 in. I tried to disassemble it and the stem won't come loose. It's even that tight that I'm scared to snap it with to much pressure (happened to me once, although the shank was thinner on that one) and even doubt that it's fit for disassembling. Anyone got ideas? Didn't try to freeze it yet.

runscott

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
I got my Peterson Deluxe Classic 150 in. I tried to disassemble it and the stem won't come loose. It's even that tight that I'm scared to snap it with to much pressure (happened to me once, although the shank was thinner on that one) and even doubt that it's fit for disassembling. Anyone got ideas? Didn't try to freeze it yet.

Two things: drip alcohol around the stem/stummel connection. Or...(perhaps easier) just stick it in the freezer for ten minutes.