PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Here’s my 1911 Peterson Patent Calabash that was extensively reworked. Both ends of the stem are now Cumberland, but the center is the original Amber

View attachment 153365View attachment 153366View attachment 153367
Tim,
So pleased that there is someone like you dedicated enough to preserve a piece of history where a lesser person would chuck it in the trash can.

And more importantly there is someone like Ryan Alden who is skilled enough to take this on in a sensitive manner - preserving what can be preserved, and not detracting from the original.

Kudos to you both ???

runscott

Lifer
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
The original Oom Paul was a Peterson. It caused a bit of stir, but gave Peterson brand recognition.

I'm fairly sure the Oom Paul/Hungarian was around before K&P Peterson existed.

At bottom right is my 1904 'O2' (not a zero) gi-normous Peterson that was similar to one Charles Peterson smoked. To the left of it is a 'normal' house pipe, with a 309 at the far left, for reference. The two on the second row are the 2021 POY (similar to the 4AB).

Dutch x8.jpg

runscott

Lifer
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State

runscott

Lifer
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
Peterson 9BC pipes

Just got the 'Sterling' finished yesterday, so thought I'd do a 'family' photo. Top is an early Shamrock, followed by a later Shamrock, then the Sterling at bottom. The Sterling has a thinner stem and the shank does not get thinner at the bowl, as in the Shamrocks. If not for a couple of pits, the Shamrock at top has the nicest wood of the three.

wX79vzO.jpg

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Well, boys, I have an addition to my Sherlock Holmes collection. I've been eyeing the Hansom for quite some time and I now realize why I hadn't pulled the trigger until now.
I picked up a Professor from SmokingPipes.EU
Both really nice looking pipes. Enjoy them. I wanted to purchase one but I've purchased 10 Peterson's this year and I need to hold off for the CPG Peterson.