PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AroEnglish

Rehabilitant
Jan 7, 2020
PMF Recovery Center
Some of you may have seen this in another thread already, but I recently won this 1906 Pete Patent meer at auction. It was in decent condition, and judging from the bowl was not smoked very much. I was absolutely gutted when it arrived to discover that the stem had broken in transit, but I still think it's worth posting here for interest:View attachment 333453View attachment 333454View attachment 333456View attachment 333457View attachment 333458View attachment 333459View attachment 333460View attachment 333461
What a crime by the seller. I agree with @Jon C.P.G., I think it would fair to receive some kind of compensation.

Reactions: PaulRVA

First Sealord

Lurker
Dec 27, 2023
7 Seas
I'm contemplating trying an Ebony finish. Has anyone who bought one or more, experience stain bleeding with the Ebony?
I'm asking as I have read some comments about the Heritage and Terracotta finishes bleeding stain.

Reactions: FLDRD

Jon C.P.G.

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 29, 2023
I'm contemplating trying an Ebony finish. Has anyone who bought one or more, experience stain bleeding with the Ebony?
I'm asking as I have read some comments about the Heritage and Terracotta finishes bleeding stain.
I've heard of it but I've never had it happen to me with any Pete I've ever owned, that isn't to say it isn't possible though just my personal experience.