PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Aro, what did you leave with?
Money in my pocket 🥲

It's a good shape but just didn't draw me. I think if the shank was shorter and more of a full bend with the BC stem I'd have pulled the trigger. Even as it was, I was tempted to buy a heritage but since they're pushing $200 I know I could use that get a pipe that I really want.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Can y'all tell be about this little Peterson system I just picked up at a local auction? I believe it's some kind of special edition. Came in an elegant red box. It's marked with Peterson Dublin on one side and republic stamping on the other. Its shape and size is 8S. Year code is 1985. What's interesting to me and that I haven't seen is the P with a wooden circle. What's that all about? Anyone know the story on this pipe? View attachment 331096View attachment 331097View attachment 331098View attachment 331099View attachment 331100
I’m bumping this post just to see the pics again. bdw bdw

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
Money in my pocket 🥲

It's a good shape but just didn't draw me. I think if the shank was shorter and more of a full bend with the BC stem I'd have pulled the trigger. Even as it was, I was tempted to buy a heritage but since they're pushing $200 I know I could use that get a pipe that I really want.
Fair enough brother. Sometimes you just gotta go with your gut

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Money in my pocket 🥲

In other words, something Baskerville-like. If I was in the market for a pipe, I'd certainly be tempted by a Rhodesian But, in considering that pipe came to realize it's Rhodesians with some heft/girth that I like and the POTY is actually just a tad too svelte for me.

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
In other words, something Baskerville-like. If I was in the market for a pipe, I'd certainly be tempted by a Rhodesian But, in considering that pipe came to realize it's Rhodesians with some heft/girth that I like and the POTY is actually just a tad too svelte for me.
Honestly, I'm a sucker for anything full-bent. If this was a straight or quarter- bent, I wouldn't be half as interested as I was with this drop. We all have our own personal interests when it comes to pipes!