PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Those would be them.?
Yes, I think I see the strange gourd calabashes that you highlight, but to me they are no more odd than "Doctor's" contorted bamboo pipes the first I saw them. You can still see these pipes in the Doctor's "sold" section.

And we wouldn't be discussing this were it not for the mind clinging to a prior form.

• Haha
Reactions: OzPiper

Sharp_tungsten

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 25, 2021
Evans City Pennsylvania

Sharp_tungsten

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 25, 2021
Evans City Pennsylvania
Thank you. I have an older (1896) meer, unfortunately with a replecement Bakelite stem. Finding a meer in that condition with a sound amber stem is a real stroke of luck.
Yes I have a couple amber stem pipes and they are a beauty but so scary to handle or have shipped lol.

Attachments

• received_2620514118268447.jpeg
    received_2620514118268447.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 5

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
No very scared to even touch them lol. But I should use it, I didn't pay much for this one. BTW how much was that stunning pipe if your if you don't mind?
I have a selective memory problem - I forget how much pipes and wine cost as soon as I pay for them.
It's so if my wife asks, I can say quite honestly, and with a straight face that "I don't remember" ?

Sharp_tungsten

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 25, 2021
Evans City Pennsylvania
That's the one!? Number six of a seven day set I'm working on.?

View attachment 95511
I have a Servi which is meh. I have two MKM but haven't got home to inspect them yet and also two Star meerschaum pipes in transit from the etsy store. I'm hoping to add more to the collection when finances allow. I want a meerschaum Lumberman style pipe but am concerned about fragility on a long slender stem like that.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I have a Servi which is meh. I have two MKM but haven't got home to inspect them yet and also two Star meerschaum pipes in transit from the etsy store. I'm hoping to add more to the collection when finances allow. I want a meerschaum Lumberman style pipe but am concerned about fragility on a long slender stem like that.
Meerschaum Market has a couple of Canadian IMPs.

IMG_3778__44146.1586559307.jpeg.jpg

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I really need to photograph the whole lot since I have a couple of drawers, one cabinet and a large silver bowl full of 'cutty' pipes plus even more in a couple of flat boxes. I have been buying steadily since the mid 1980s. I think Jim Inks saw a chunk of my collection a few years ago when he visited me. This picture represents my monthly rotation since a lot of the pipes I own I don't smoke. There are a couple of historical pipes in that group including the one that belonged to the Detective who investigated the Whitechapel Murders (Jack the Ripper) in the 1880's. Another one was owned by a Kentucky Derby Jockey from the 1890s.

4vKRRe1.jpg

Sharp_tungsten

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 25, 2021
Evans City Pennsylvania
I really need to photograph the whole lot since I have a couple of drawers, one cabinet and a large silver bowl full of 'cutty' pipes plus even more in a couple of flat boxes. I have been buying steadily since the mid 1980s. I think Jim Inks saw a chunk of my collection a few years ago when he visited me. This picture represents my monthly rotation since a lot of the pipes I own I don't smoke. There are a couple of historical pipes in that group including the one that belonged to the Detective who investigated the Whitechapel Murders (Jack the Ripper) in the 1880's. Another one was owned by a Kentucky Derby Jockey from the 1890s.

View attachment 95523
That is absolutely amazing.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

Sharp_tungsten

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 25, 2021
Evans City Pennsylvania
Meerschaum Market has a couple of Canadian IMPs.

View attachment 95513
I don't particularly like the carve pattern but love the stem. Do you or anyone know this carvers quality? I've been eyeing him on etsy. I love the pipe but I hate buying sight unseen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210902-200422_Etsy.jpg
    Screenshot_20210902-200422_Etsy.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 10