PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
Had to spend another $20 on the awesome little Meers from AND.
Every once in a while a mini with a decent bowl size will pop up (this one is .72”x1.16” and drilled well.
I just with they had straight stems for their billiard mini’s.
View attachment 315280View attachment 315281
I would just bend it myself, it looks like it would bend up simple enough. I just use my lighter on cheaper stems, but if you want to do it "Profesional" the wifes hair drier will work just fine. Just a couple of inches away a few seconds on both sides and lift with your finger. I always put a pipe cleaner in for some reason. It would look nicer straight I think

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
I would just bend it myself, it looks like it would bend up simple enough. I just use my lighter on cheaper stems, but if you want to do it "Profesional" the wifes hair drier will work just fine. Just a couple of inches away a few seconds on both sides and lift with your finger. I always put a pipe cleaner in for some reason. It would look nicer straight I think
I’ve tried one before, and it came out ok but the fit to the delrin got wonky. The stems seem more of a plastic (like MM cob stems), so I used water at boiling temp.
There’s a couple places you can get mini stems and delrin inserts from, but even ordering three sets they’re hit and miss on the fit-crazy.
I’ll go through the extras and see if I find one that fits well enough to have a backup.
Then there’s the fact that they won’t fit the case, which is surprising high quality for the cost of the pipe/case.

Jon C.P.G.

Might Stick Around
Sep 29, 2023
Canada
This just came in today, a nice little Ahmet Govem straight Billiard / brandy that I picked up on ebay as an unsmoked estate. The silver band and amber colored stem aesthetic are right up my alley, simple smooth meerschaum with the look of the Victorian era pipes as they would have looked before being smoked heavily over glasses of brandy by wealthy men in their social clubs 😆

The chamber is about 1.3" deep with an inner diameter of 0.70" so naturally I'm smoking some 1792 Flake in it right now as I type this.

1000008099.jpg1000008100.jpg
1000008101.jpg

dottlejockey

This just came in today, a nice little Ahmet Govem straight Billiard / brandy that I picked up on ebay as an unsmoked estate. The silver band and amber colored stem aesthetic are right up my alley, simple smooth meerschaum with the look of the Victorian era pipes as they would have looked before being smoked heavily over glasses of brandy by wealthy men in their social clubs 😆

The chamber is about 1.3" deep with an inner diameter of 0.70" so naturally I'm smoking some 1792 Flake in it right now as I type this.

View attachment 317345View attachment 317346
View attachment 317347
Nice! I love Ahmet's work. I commissioned him to make me a custom meer years ago and it's perfect. Love the classic stuff, too. Enjoy! :)

dottlejockey

Grabbed another little meer today. I'm actually quite liking these smaller sizes. Never was much of a clincher, but these smaller, light-weight meers are changing my mind. I find myself, more and more, typing and working on projects with them clinched quite naturally. Kinda nice! Also, smaller bowl means more opportunities to switch up the blends = more entertainment value. Win win. ;)

This one is made by Sultan:

New Sultan 061724.JPG

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
What can I say, it was cheap.

View attachment 316400
Wow, took nearly two weeks to arrive and their estate department really has gone downhill. This is the second meerschaum estate that I've received from them that wasn't cleaned and there's a chunk out of the stem that wasn't listed in the description.

20240623_041636.jpg

And oh yes did they get an email from me.

Jon C.P.G.

Might Stick Around
Sep 29, 2023
Canada
Wow, took nearly two weeks to arrive and their estate department really has gone downhill. This is the second meerschaum estate that I've received from them that wasn't cleaned and there's a chunk out of the stem that wasn't listed in the description.

View attachment 319283

And oh yes did they get an email from me.
I'd be sending that back, what a piss off.

Jon C.P.G.

Might Stick Around
Sep 29, 2023
Canada
I threw it in the trash and had the company cancel my account. After this and the broken Yanik owl I received a few months ago, I'm finished buying pipes. Probably will reduce my collection to only the handful that I regularly smoke.

I dont blame you, damn you must have been extremely pissed but I know what you mean, ive offloaded a lot myself. I went from 120ish petersons to 33, keeping my 4 Turkish meers and a 3 cobs along with the 33 briars. I'm focusing on tobacco I like and stockpiling it because as a Canadian, it'll never be cheaper than it is right now.