PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

RookieGuy80

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2023
Maryland, United States
My wife got me this little meerschaum for my last birthday at the end of April. I don't know anything about it, other than it's a tiny little thing. But I've still been having fun smoking it and watching it color.17164859551335806431479785549826.jpg17164859868163393012049620709656.jpg17164861309468444392278090167743.jpg(thumb for scale)
So far it's been about 2 months of one to three bowls a day of either an English or aromatic blend depending on how I feel at the time. I look forward to seeing what it looks like in another 10 months, bythe end of next April.

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA
Just four for me if you count the falcon bowl. All purchased brand new.

A petite Ali stamped meer, I don't smoke it much. Straight Billiard with a slight cant. I love the carving on this one.
IMG_2202.jpg
Birinci Meer, a petite rhodesian I'd call it. Been the only pipe I've been smoking for a week or two now.
IMG_2203.jpg
Squashed Tomato Falcon Bowl. Does this count? I love it, feels amazing to hold. Starting to color in nice as well.
IMG_2204.jpg
My pride and joy. A Tekin Meerschaum stummel with a silver cap and a silver band and stem done by Ryan Alden. I clenched a bit to hard one day on the original stem which was actually this cool dark purple/swirly metallic acrylic stem and took a chunk out of the bit. I sent it out to another pipe maker (who will remain nameless) and he did a shit job with the new stem AND cracked the shank in process, it took the dude two weeks. I got ahold of Alden Ryan through a forum member and he agreed to work on the pipe for me, it took him 2 or 3 days and the pipe was shipped out to me, completely restored. A master of the craft.
IMG_2060.jpg
IMG_2205.jpg

BingBong

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2024
London UK
Just four for me if you count the falcon bowl. All purchased brand new.

A petite Ali stamped meer, I don't smoke it much. Straight Billiard with a slight cant. I love the carving on this one.
View attachment 312675
Birinci Meer, a petite rhodesian I'd call it. Been the only pipe I've been smoking for a week or two now.
View attachment 312676
Squashed Tomato Falcon Bowl. Does this count? I love it, feels amazing to hold. Starting to color in nice as well.
View attachment 312678
My pride and joy. A Tekin Meerschaum stummel with a silver cap and a silver band and stem done by Ryan Alden. I clenched a bit to hard one day on the original stem which was actually this cool dark purple/swirly metallic acrylic stem and took a chunk out of the bit. I sent it out to another pipe maker (who will remain nameless) and he did a shit job with the new stem AND cracked the shank in process, it took the dude two weeks. I got ahold of Alden Ryan through a forum member and he agreed to work on the pipe for me, it took him 2 or 3 days and the pipe was shipped out to me, completely restored. A master of the craft.
View attachment 312682
View attachment 312681
A squashed tomato Falcon bowl. Now you've done it... bring me my search engine.

Puffaluffaguss

Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
Just got this straight from Turkey, by a carver I've only seen mentioned once or twice.
The carver is "DulgerMeershaum" the prices are a little high but you can catch a sale, which is why I bought this. The pipe isn't the exact pipe in the pics from his Ebay store but he states if he has more then 1 shape available. I was disappointed that I didn't get the exact pipe from the picture, so I contacted him and he offered me a healthy discount on another pair of pipes I want. I was gonna send it back but the quality is good so I'm gonna keep it and take his offer on the other 2.

What do you guys think about this transaction, as well as the pipe. I like the pipe and can tell it's quality meerschaum.
20240521_064111.jpg20240521_064138.jpg
Lol I just realized my wife took the pics lol. I'm not that spicy guys believe me.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Just got this straight from Turkey, by a carver I've only seen mentioned once or twice.
The carver is "DulgerMeershaum" the prices are a little high but you can catch a sale, which is why I bought this. The pipe isn't the exact pipe in the pics from his Ebay store but he states if he has more then 1 shape available. I was disappointed that I didn't get the exact pipe from the picture, so I contacted him and he offered me a healthy discount on another pair of pipes I want. I was gonna send it back but the quality is good so I'm gonna keep it and take his offer on the other 2.

What do you guys think about this transaction, as well as the pipe. I like the pipe and can tell it's quality meerschaum.
View attachment 313711View attachment 313713
Lol I just realized my wife took the pics lol. I'm not that spicy guys believe me.
Was going to say i pictured you more as a hooker red for your nails.
Nice pipe im sure it will smoke great!

• Haha
Reactions: Puffaluffaguss

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon

The fact that it wasn’t the pipe pictured would bother me, but if I liked it I’d keep it. I thought the zest was real with the nails until I read what you said about your wife. 😂

Jon C.P.G.

Might Stick Around
Sep 29, 2023
Canada
Personally I wouldn't trust the seller again, sometimes the difference in a dozen degrees of bend in a shank can determine wether I would want a pipe or not, now with meerschaum if I spotted something that looked like it would color nicely or had thicker chamber walls and I didnt get that exact pipe I would be annoyed. If I don't get exactly what I paid for I'd be bothered and ask for a refund myself just like if I paid for a factory briar with a certain grain and got the same shape but a different pipe (has happened to me on etsy with a premier Peterson once) and I sent it back and got a refund.

Just my $0.02

Puffaluffaguss

Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
Personally I wouldn't trust the seller again, sometimes the difference in a dozen degrees of bend in a shank can determine wether I would want a pipe or not, now with meerschaum if I spotted something that looked like it would color nicely or had thicker chamber walls and I didnt get that exact pipe I would be annoyed. If I don't get exactly what I paid for I'd be bothered and ask for a refund myself just like if I paid for a factory briar with a certain grain and got the same shape but a different pipe (has happened to me on etsy with a premier Peterson once) and I sent it back and got a refund.

Just my $0.02
Your exactly correct. If the seller wouldn't have apologized so strongly and the shipping wouldn't take so long I probably would have returned it. Yes the pipe In pictured looked translucent but the pipe i received is not the pipe in the picture. When a meer has that clear but rusticated look I assume it is a translucent meer and it's visible with the naked eye. One look and you can see it's not the same pipe. I am a bit disappointed but it's nice enough for me to not be to hasty about a return

AreBee

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2024
Farmington, Connecticut USA
I started smoking a pipe back in February and Meers were my first two pipes. I helped a friend restore a bunch of his late Dad’s Meers and he gifted me the pipe on the left. No markings to determine the manufacturer but of the six pipes I have it’s easily my favorite. The one on the right I bought on eBay (Meerschaum Gallery). Both smoke wonderfully!

IMG_3285.jpeg

dottlejockey

Can't Leave

Nice silver mount. I've had my eye on his stuff for a little while and know the sale of which you refer. I couldn't resist those prices, either. I'm glad to hear you are pleased with the quality and that you were able to work out a deal with good communication from the seller. Mine should arrive by Monday. Enjoy! :)

dottlejockey

Can't Leave
The Dulger finally arrived today. Fancy little taster. Maiden voyage was last night with some Sun Bear Mountain Flower, followed by Sam Gawith Brown Sugar Flake and finally a bowl of Bijou before i passed out. haha

She's also my morning smoke with some old Hermit baccy from 2001. Next up, University Flake. Going to have this one at 100 bowls relatively quickly. That's the plan.

Dulger SG BS Flake.JPG

bluegrasspipe

Jan 13, 2017
I’ve had this Tekin apple meerschaum for just over a year. I have a few others, (one other Tekin), including gourd calabashes but, none of them have colored as nicely as this one. In fact, I noticed after the first few smokes it was going to color quickly and beautifully, it immediately showed color. I smoked it a few times a week for a few months but then didn’t smoke more than once a week for 6 months or so.
IMHO, certain meers are more porous and will color more quickly, I don’t think this had the perfect amount of wax but, I am no expert. Lately I have tried to smoke this one daily as I am sure after a few years it will look great.
I wanted a Lee Van Cleef “style” pipe but decided on this one and am very satisfied with how awesome it smokes.
This one is drilled perfectly too.
First picture was as new 13 months ago.

IMG_1513.png
IMG_1517.jpeg
IMG_1514.jpeg

Puffaluffaguss

Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
The Dulger finally arrived today. Fancy little taster. Maiden voyage was last night with some Sun Bear Mountain Flower, followed by Sam Gawith Brown Sugar Flake and finally a bowl of Bijou before i passed out. haha

She's also my morning smoke with some old Hermit baccy from 2001. Next up, University Flake. Going to have this one at 100 bowls relatively quickly. That's the plan.

View attachment 314778
Nice, ive ran about 5 bowls out of mine so far. I'll post some pics soon but I can say it is going to color faster then my last cheapo meer but that was heavily true lattice, just gotta get a new screw tennon for it and put it back into the rotation. But I like the carving on yours its very subtle.

Last edited:
Reactions: dottlejockey

Puffaluffaguss

Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
Nice silver mount. I've had my eye on his stuff for a little while and know the sale of which you refer. I couldn't resist those prices, either. I'm glad to hear you are pleased with the quality and that you were able to work out a deal with good communication from the seller. Mine should arrive by Monday. Enjoy! :)
I sell all over the interwebs, the best thing anybody can do (if the option is available) to contact the seller directly. I wasn't hoping for a free pipe, but just a little customer appreciation. It worked out for both of us, and when I have the funds I will have 2 beautiful meers for almost half off. Never would have worked out if I hadn't reached out. Lovely seller I wouldn't seconed guess recommending him.

• Love
Reactions: dottlejockey

dottlejockey

Can't Leave
I sell all over the interwebs, the best thing anybody can do (if the option is available) to contact the seller directly. I wasn't hoping for a free pipe, but just a little customer appreciation. It worked out for both of us, and when I have the funds I will have 2 beautiful meers for almost half off. Never would have worked out if I hadn't reached out. Lovely seller I wouldn't seconed guess recommending him.
I also experienced great communication. Quality for the price i worked out with him = good value. It's a smaller meer and i've actually found it in my hand constantly the last few days. I like the opportunity to sample more flavor variation in the day due to recently trying a bunch of new stuff (many opened tins) and like you said, i think it's going to color rather quickly as well.

Already...this was it's 20th bowl (taken earlier today):

#Dulger MErin 20th.JPG