PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
They would still need a sleeve to protect the meerschaum from tenon friction. IMP, Altinay, SRV and a few others use a delrin sleeve that is glued to the inside of the mortise. Their stems can be inserted and removed like a briar. Never been a fan of spigots.
I have one of each and you're correct. I like these but wouldn't own one of the the threaded screw in contraptions.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Got another Mg4Si6O15(OH)2·6H2O today. Never heard of SRV. A little bigger than I'm used to, and it isn't the cleanest meer, but it smokes like a dream so far. Oh and before I even received this one, I had another on order that should be here tomorrow. Then I'll have enough for my 3 pipe and tobacco stand. But then I was debating about buying a third (4 total). The PAD is hard to resist. I blame @weezell.

PXL_20211001_033947218.jpgPXL_20211001_034155197.jpg

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
This is one of my best meerschaum pipes, and I’d appreciate any information about Cevher, who made and signed it.
"Ertugrul CEVHER was born at 1953 Eskisehir Turkey. He has been carving meerschaum pipe since 1971, since his teenage years. During his education years he was helping the master meerschaum pipe carvers to learn how to carve. After he finished high school he gave his full time to meerschaum pipe carving at Eskisehir, Turkey and improved him self as you see from his art pieces. He always used the best quality raw meerschaum material for his pipes and always made the best carvings all over the years. CEVHER has a son and a daughter also now he has four grandchildren. "

-Meerschaum Market

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
I was watching Alien one night and foolishly searched for Xenomorph pipes and wasn't disappointed. The matching H.R. Giger inspired tamper sealed the deal and the pipe has a gimmick where when the chamber is capped and you blow through the stem, smoke comes out of the Alien's mouth. The custom stand brings the whole thing together.
I saw this matching pipe and tobacco jar on Instagram and thought it would be a nice addition to your xenomorph pipe.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I saw this matching pipe and tobacco jar on Instagram and thought it would be a nice addition to your xenomorph pipe.
He's also done a xenomorph pipe.

alien.jpg