PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Beautiful pipes!
What shape number is the fourth pipe? The dark blasted Stanwell?
I think that pipe is just about perfect.
Thank you.
The blasted Stanwell is a 1992 POTY (no shape number).
The Stanwell Hans Christian Andersen line has a very similar shape with 2 stems (churchwarden and short) available in both smooth and blasted finishes.

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
Dear Friends,

I'm finding my taste in pipes are moving from Irish and Italian to Danish. I still grab a Pete when heading into the metroplex for a trip of several hours (if anything untoward happens, I don't have to worry about damage or loss to a pipe--knock on wood, that's not happened LOL), and when starting on chores around the yard and house. Castellos for decompressing after work, before settling in for the night. Stanwells for starting the day and having smaller, faster bowls (in order to have 2 or 3 different "flavors"/varieties). And the, "special" Danes for the few longer, slower smokes when relaxing after everything's done for the day/night. My appreciation of the Danish pipes is really growing beyond all my other, "makes"/kinds of pipes.

What about you?
kind regards,
mike

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
Dear Friends,

I'm finding my taste in pipes are moving from Irish and Italian to Danish. I still grab a Pete when heading into the metroplex for a trip of several hours (if anything untoward happens, I don't have to worry about damage or loss to a pipe--knock on wood, that's not happened LOL), and when starting on chores around the yard and house. Castellos for decompressing after work, before settling in for the night. Stanwells for starting the day and having smaller, faster bowls (in order to have 2 or 3 different "flavors"/varieties). And the, "special" Danes for the few longer, slower smokes when relaxing after everything's done for the day/night. My appreciation of the Danish pipes is really growing beyond all my other, "makes"/kinds of pipes.

What about you?
kind regards,
mike
What Danish pipes take your preference? Do you have any photos?

Reactions: Ben.R.C
Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
This is half of my Briar pipe collection. Two Eltang Pokers. Both Christmas gifts. The red is a gift from my undeserved amazing wife, it's dedicated to VA's. The black with bamboo is a gift from my ridiculously generous Secret Santa last year, and it's dedicated to latakia blends. One day, I may add an Arne Jacobson to the mix, but I am beyond content with my current lineup.
IMG_20210726_133401__01.jpg

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
LePipe.it has a Stanwell HCA cutty/belge in a smooth finish (pretty nice straight grain) @ 172euros, if you're interested.
I have bought from them previously and can recommend them.
Thanks for the lead
I had a look on LePipe but didn’t see the one you’re talking about. Probably just as well because I just bought 3 new estates, the K.C pipe show is coming up and I’m going to Vegas in about a month. I’m trying to control my PAD - at least for now :)